Sign in to follow this  
lykon

Ultimate quality

Hello to everyone. I need some help with tile proxy in order to get ultimate quality.My specifications are : Ie7 930 ovc to 4ghx ,6 gb ddr 3 tripple channel in 8/8/8/24, 2x480 nvidia, gigabyte mobo, two ssd drivers one for os and the other for the fsx and win7 ultimate x 64.Currenlty i am using the default .ini file with excellent results but i want to push it to it's limits. I am using the service 3 with this settings :[service Example 3]cache_folder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=19map_version=1.9color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50For internet i have 24mbs connection ( true is 15 mbs ). About the line " module config " should i change the " conn " and the " verbose commands " to different values for my current internet connection? If yes does anybody knows which values i must put ? If i change the " min_level " from 9 to 19 sould i get more quality and detail?Inside Fsx i have put all sliders in full right position. The " bulk_extend " value of 50 is it good or according with my current internet speed i can put a different value and or a bigger value? Can i use the sli for the tile proxy? I am asking about the sli because when i was enable the sli feature in fsx before i install tile proxy i was getting very stuttering. Also should i use a terrain mesh different from the fsx default for better appearance? Maybe fsglobal 2010x or fs gennesis or something else? That's all any help will be welcome.Thanks very much the author of tile proxy. This program has change our way of flying from a game to almost real vfr simulator.

lykonSounds like a nice system. You will need to read back through perhaps the last year's worth of posts and get more opinions than mine - I run only a 2-core unit.I know Mark Turner has a similar-sounding system; quad-core and all and has posted his ini for several folks. I've posted mine for a more modest system also. I typically only go for 2m resolution max.But Verbose isn't necessary unless you want to see the actual names of every downloaded tile; once TP is running, I usually minimize to avoid any lost cpu cycles used to display that data.Neither FSX or TP will use level 9 imagery UNLESS you tell it to with the level mapping statement which you don't have in your current ini for service 3. It really isn't needed.min_level=9max_level=19Unless you plan on the rare availability of 30cm imagery, the max of 19 is overkill but it won't hurt anything.The min level probably should be 10 but I'm not sure that it hurts anything either. This section sort of "allows" TP to look for these sizes if it needs them but without a modifying level_mapping statement there won't be any attempt to download level 9 imagery.The real control is the lod_max up at the top. This value limits the best resolution that TP will attempt to make; it should not be any higher than the best jpg resolution available and NOT necessarily the FSX resolution you want to fly. Nothing wrong with making 2m scenery but flying FSX at 1m resolution; it doesn't affect TP to do so.If the best imagery is 5m resolution (lod13) setting this any higher will tell TP to make "higher" resolution scenery from the limited source and will be no better visually but significantly larger in filesize.The tile number and memory allocation parameters probably should be raised up from the defaul... you have plenty of memory. I've bumped my up from the default to#800Meg vs 100Megcache_bytes_limit=800000000cache_tiles_limit=200000I thought I understood that sli doesn't help FSX, but there I could be wrong with the service packs installed.Bulk extend is probably ok. If you find that you are downloading steadily (with no break) perhaps you are flying too fast. One issue outside of the downloading is the time needed for TP to actually make scenery at the desired resolution. Fly too fast and the higher resolutions will simply be skipped and that could be hard to see visually on the first pass.But each system is different, you will have to experiment a bit to see what is too much or too fast or too detailed for you.Let us know if this helps.Loyd

Hello lliaudais and thank you very much for your answer. I will try these values and i will let you know how the fsx has react.

hi, must be i'll say no news, but for be sure, firstly sli with this cards need very powerfull ac/dc powerpoint in descktop, about 1500w, just one 480 need 800+ so even 1500 will not enough, just for all procedures, coolers, own power etcsecondary, this system(sli) is not most compatible for games of 2006 years, even after all servicepacks, i just two days reinstalled runtimes, and windows, after overclocked, now this is absolutly other performance than was, but my hardware is most simple than your one, q8200@3hz, i did overcklocked 3,19 and 3.10, but most stable and performance is 3.03 for my sys, maybe memory is some stoped, or not so good cooler like couldbe, just standart cooler with bernule's tube, and with overcklocked gt9500 now is ddr2 480x2 680 gpu and 1669 shader freq(passive radiator cooler withno fan ever), but man, all games could be use this config houers and houers and houers, i think day and night with no break, but even from not so hard overcklock i remember, fsx gon, shot down system in blue screen even wen gpu memory was overclocked on 11mhz per chanel, i dont know what happens with this msfsx or with my lamers hands an brain, but fsx was work only with overcklocked 632gpu 1550 shader and not overclock ever video dram btw native is 550 gpu 1350 shaders and 400(x2) dram(and very slow pix/sec potential) so all problemms can be in system compatible, but i think if u create this megaconstructor(ur system) you have to know what do you do, so i wrot this only for be sure, and i think i preaty wrong about 1500w power point in desck, cause all system of cause use 800w+ with 480 nvidia, so sli will use 1000 or above:) but if this will 1500 this will preaty good too:)excuse me for this unusable text, but maybe this some help, btw in this days after tileproxy kill my runtime libraries and antivirus services, i think this good thing too, so now i think just wait next generation of tile rpoxy project, stable, with some autogen scenery objects etc, and very seriously think about no use antivirus ever:) just interest how long my pc will live with no, i think most crashes was by help of they, and in any way they scan ram and system hd, with all exclude games, video, music, programs installed not in system directories, where installed viruses some time, or soft like viruses, but any way all antiviruses is just most bigest heaviest virus is:) for gamers, or i just dont know antivirus, what absolutly inactive when full screen is startup, i need this only in internet searf, but i got much other litle soft what show me, what happens, and maybe i will install sandbox for internet, i dont knowwell, any way, all you need for fsx, i think in cd(dvd)(like in other games distributives) of this, all .net vc++ and directx, now i know it:) any need for tileproxy in bigest readme what i reed in my life:) and this is higher than my lazy souland yet, this all wrot man, who thought what vc++ 2010 include all outdate version like .net 4.0, so you have to good think as much seriouse get this text, i know, i has to write this above:)