Sign in to follow this  

Cant get clearence

hi guys, i have just reformated my pc, win 7 32 and installed fsx with rc4. I start the sim and rc4 as normal, tune the radio for atis and then try to get clearence, button 3 but it just doesnt happen unless i exit rc and restart, never happened in fs2004. Im using airbus x and ase with rex textures, any ideas? ThanksChris

Chris Howard

Make sure your flight is loaded and running. Try autotune on contact to let RC tune your comms to see if airbus X is compatible for that.Make sure RC is started with an advanced shortcut property to run as admin to insure it can communicate with FS. Make sure you are using the latest FSUIPC from the links pinned at the forum top so its security handling is up to date.Make sure there are no key conflicts in airbus X and reassign that or RC's keystrokes. Some FMCs have a PC keyboard control feature that when enabled have first priority on keystrokes preventing RC from getting them.Post if OK or you need more help.

Thanks Ron i will give it a go tonight after work and report back.

Chris Howard

hi guys, i have just reformated my pc, win 7 32 and installed fsx with rc4. I start the sim and rc4 as normal, tune the radio for atis and then try to get clearence, button 3 but it just doesnt happen unless i exit rc and restart, never happened in fs2004. Im using airbus x and ase with rex textures, any ideas? ThanksChris
do you hear rc reading the atis when you are on the atis frequency?do you have "autotune on contact" checked in rc options?what is the clearance frequency? you can find that on the controllers page in rcif nothing helps, make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, recreate the problem, and send me the log. you can end rc as soon as you try to contact clearance a couple of times.be sure to click debug before loading the .plnjd

do you hear rc reading the atis when you are on the atis frequency?do you have "autotune on contact" checked in rc options?what is the clearance frequency? you can find that on the controllers page in rcif nothing helps, make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, recreate the problem, and send me the log. you can end rc as soon as you try to contact clearance a couple of times.be sure to click debug before loading the .plnjd
Thanks JD, to be honest i got sick of trying to get fsx to run on my machine so i took it out and put Fs2004 back in and have no problems what so ever, thanks for your help anyway.

Chris Howard