Sign in to follow this  
FlyCathay

B777-300ER soundpack

Hi all,I have been using Devyn GE90 soundpack for years. It is a great soundpack overall but it lacks the sound of thrust reduction during takeoff. (like the sound at 0:48

)The TSS GE90 package seems to have it. However, I found its whining sound is too weak for 777-300er (more like for 777-200 to me). Perhaps I am too picky, but I am wondering if there is any other good soundpack available?Thanks~Danny

Danny F

It is a great soundpack overall but it lacks the sound of thrust reduction during takeoff. (like the sound at 0:48
)
I think they are reducing thrust to level off at the altitude ATC first clears them too, such as 5000 or what ever it may be for that departure. I don't think it is supposed to happen by itself on full thrust

I think they are reducing thrust to level off at the altitude ATC first clears them too, such as 5000 or what ever it may be for that departure. I don't think it is supposed to happen by itself on full thrust
I believe they are changing from takeoff thrust to climb thrust.. another video here
it happens at 3:08. Devyn GE90 soundpack doesn't have this effect when I reduce takeoff thrust to climb thrust.Danny

Danny F

Oh, have you pulled back the throttles? I think you have to reduce throttles alot to go from large thrust to medium-large thrust for climbs

If you aren't satisfied with what's available you should try to go out and learn to edit the sounds to your liking. I know that's how I got started with making sounds years ago.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Oh, have you pulled back the throttles? I think you have to reduce throttles alot to go from large thrust to medium-large thrust for climbs
The thrust reduction is done by AutoThrottle which is controlled by FMC....so next time I may try to do it myself and see what will hapen. Thanks.
If you aren't satisfied with what's available you should try to go out and learn to edit the sounds to your liking. I know that's how I got started with making sounds years ago.
This may actually be what I will be doing~ Thanks!:(

Danny F

Hi Danny, as you pointed out the Thrust reduction is computed by the FMC so it's nothing to do with the soundpack. The thrust reduction altitude is set in the FMC 1500ft above the airport elevation but it can obviously vary. So you need to use a 777 addon that simulates TOGA, CLB1 CLB2 etc(I'm pretty sure the PSS777does)No need to edit sound packs

Rob Prest

Guest FlugSimulatorXfan

The best soundpack is the soundpack from posky I think!But it has the same problems as this soundpack!

Hi Danny, as you pointed out the Thrust reduction is computed by the FMC so it's nothing to do with the soundpack. The thrust reduction altitude is set in the FMC 1500ft above the airport elevation but it can obviously vary. So you need to use a 777 addon that simulates TOGA, CLB1 CLB2 etc(I'm pretty sure the PSS777does)No need to edit sound packs
Hi Flex, I am using PSS777 panel merged with posky's model. I did see thrust reduction after takeoff (from 101 N1 to about 93), but I just didn't hear any engine noise change. Now I am trying to add the reduction noise from TSS GE90 package to Devyn's one.
The best soundpack is the soundpack from posky I think!But it has the same problems as this soundpack!
Will try that~! Thanks.

Danny F

Does POSKY have a GE soundpack for the 777?
nop...its Trent 800. Will try it anyway~

Danny F

Guest FlugSimulatorXfan

Oh yes, I haven´t seen it yet!Sorry :/