Sign in to follow this  
slk1

The skeleton/graphics corruption issue

I have been trying to follow this thread and most of the discussion is from March. I am still not entirely sure how to resolve this - the now famous/infamous issue #4. I don't want to initiate a problem I don't have.Is there any user friendly advice e.g. Get this file by .....then click on ....... find the category or named file .....ect. I am not sure but speaking for myself not all flight simmers are pilots in the real world or intimately knowledgeable about the various configuration files or the computer itself ect . It is a great product all round but beside the desire for many to become beta testers it would be great to have some user friendly advice for flight simmer dummies. I don't think this would be an insult to to the experts amongst us? Thanks for any user friendly advice that someone may wish to share Shaun Keegan

I have been trying to follow this thread and most of the discussion is from March. I am still not entirely sure how to resolve this - the now famous/infamous issue #4. I don't want to initiate a problem I don't have.Is there any user friendly advice e.g. Get this file by .....then click on ....... find the category or named file .....ect. I am not sure but speaking for myself not all flight simmers are pilots in the real world or intimately knowledgeable about the various configuration files or the computer itself ect . It is a great product all round but beside the desire for many to become beta testers it would be great to have some user friendly advice for flight simmer dummies. I don't think this would be an insult to to the experts amongst us? Thanks for any user friendly advice that someone may wish to share Shaun Keegan
Hi Shaun,Please supply a link when referring to a post it makes it much easier for someone to help you:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/I did resolve issues by updating my sound drivers and it also helped when I dropped the sound settings to 16 bit.Have you tried disabling sound PMDG sounds via the .dll, and have you applied any of the FSX.cfg edits that have come to light over the last 6 months?Another issue could arise after making changes to your system and not rebuilding your FSX.cfg, whenever I install a new video driver I go through a process that makes rebuilding the .cfg necessary. You have not posted your specs in your sig so I am not sure if you have an ATI or nVidia card.I know that Bojote (*******) has posted a compilation but I am not sure if this is the final installment as he was working on a guide:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/297361-bojotes-tweak-compilation/I honestly do not think that applying the tweaks or editing a file will initiate a problem that cannot be fixed.

\Robert Hamlich/