Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert_S

Active membership

It looks like AVSIM have initiated a big membership drive..........and kicked out 1400 members !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Scott will clean the membership list from inactive accounts from time to time. He did so yesterday. Nothing to worry about :-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Robert_S

Same as last time, Chris.Just periodic cleaning out of the inactive accounts. But it didn't drop below 5,000 like it did last time. So the active user base is indeed growing, not deteriorating.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

Guest The Ancient Brit

Apart from anything else it must make commercial sense to reduce the Avsim membership to active members only, something that the advertisers will appreciate. I never thought I would have anything good to say for advertisers but thanks to them, the Avsim site remains free.I wish I could slim with the ease that Avsim does since too much time spent sitting in my chair flight simming has made me, not so much fat-gutted, more a case of being circumferentially challenged.Denis. The Ancient Brit.Oscar Wilde on being asked if he ever took healthy exercise; replied that rarely did such a thought occur to him and when it did, he rested until it went away.

Nothing wrong with advertisers, as long as they are honest and don't offer sleezy stuff like the banners you get at some sites (and I don't mean THAT kind of sites, down boy :-rotor).Avsim has a good policy to take advertising only from FS related companies in high regard, and not getting drawn into dealing with the likes of Doubleclick who will accept custom from anyone selling dubious things online and willing to pay for putting their "stun the monkey" banner all over the net.

Don't worry Bob, I knew very well that it was "clean up" time.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png