Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Is this a problem with SP1?

I read on the tileproxy tutorial that some people experience problems with FSX SP1 and tileproxy. The problem listed is exactly the problem I have. FSX starts up fine and you can see the textures loading nicely. As you move forward the textures load and everything is great. Then sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes 10, zilch. Textures quit loading. The tileproxy window shows 0.0 loading. You can pause the game or fly around there is never anymore loading of textures, I'm just stuck with the very low resolution.I've got a pretty powerful computer and cable modem. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. One other thing when I try to reload the scenery under the top menu in FSX, it always starts loading the scenery and freezes the game anywhere between 17 and 22 percent finished. Help! I've got 6 gigs of tileproxy jpgs and more gigs under the scenery folder. I feel like giving up on this program sometimes because as soon as I think it's running good something like this happens.Should I try unenstalling SP1?Thanks!Todd2.

Should I try unenstalling SP1?
I think not as the current version of TP needs FSX SP1 and I run it on SP1 with out problems but that's on XP-32, I haven't yet moved it over to my W7-64 with Acceleration but I know it certainly does work normally for many with Win 7Is it possible that you have just too much scenery in the immediate vicinity... I've noticed mine bog down when there's just too much high res scenery near by.Before doing anything to TP or FSX I would try a "Fresh" location: if you do NOT flush your Tileproxy world scenery folders, you can either go to a location away from your normal area and see how it works there OR just rename the texture folder of the region you are flying in and remake the scenery for a bit - this way you could keep using the jpg that you already have cached. If you're not sure how far away to go... the relevant scenery region is 30° wide so go at least 30° east or west of anything you currently have - if you can.Loyd

I just uninstalled tileproxy I'll re-install it and see what happens. Before I did that I deleted fsx.cfg and regenerated that and no solution there.

I think not as the current version of TP needs FSX SP1 and I run it on SP1 with out problems but that's on XP-32, I haven't yet moved it over to my W7-64 with Acceleration but I know it certainly does work normally for many with Win 7Is it possible that you have just too much scenery in the immediate vicinity... I've noticed mine bog down when there's just too much high res scenery near by.Before doing anything to TP or FSX I would try a "Fresh" location: if you do NOT flush your Tileproxy world scenery folders, you can either go to a location away from your normal area and see how it works there OR just rename the texture folder of the region you are flying in and remake the scenery for a bit - this way you could keep using the jpg that you already have cached. If you're not sure how far away to go... the relevant scenery region is 30° wide so go at least 30° east or west of anything you currently have - if you can.Loyd

I just uninstalled tileproxy I'll re-install it and see what happens. Before I did that I deleted fsx.cfg and regenerated that and no solution there.
Loyd, I run tileproxy in win.7 64 bit, runs ok in Vista service pack 2 compat. mode. fsx SP2. I note in another thread you run UTX. with TP.ok. If I run TP.with UTX activated, TP. goes thru the motions, but no tiles are generated. If I check the library settings, the only mention of TP. is the LOD 8. notation. UTX is at the top. I would like to see the road traffic in UTX. show up In TP. Your thoughts on this.

Loyd, I run tileproxy in win.7 64 bit, runs ok in Vista service pack 2 compat. mode. fsx SP2. I note in another thread you run UTX. with TP.ok. If I run TP.with UTX activated, TP. goes thru the motions, but no tiles are generated. If I check the library settings, the only mention of TP. is the LOD 8. notation. UTX is at the top. I would like to see the road traffic in UTX. show up In TP. Your thoughts on this.
I have a lot of Photostuff higher than my TP entries but TP is higher than all the UTXAs you can see in my response to N1G yesterday http://forum.avsim.net/topic/317908-new-install-of-tp-for-fsx/ where I posted a piece of my scenery.cfg, the UT was installed before TP so the entry numbers are lower AND the priority is lower. UTX is designed to modify the default scenery landclass etc. Tileproxy and other photoscenery products OVERLAY all that and must be a higher priority in order to show (layer # must be higher than all the default stuff AND UTX). Traffic is (I think) vector information and appears on top of the surface textures apparently.If you ONLY see the LOD8 reference (which I have disabled, BTW) then you are missing about 90 TileProxy entries. I'd try to add a couple in the scenery dialog window: 0102, 0202, 0302 would get most of the US back, 0501, 0601 would bring in northern Europe... that is, if you do have all these folders in the Tileproxy Photoreal world along with the LOD8.Loyd

Loyd, thanx for your reply, i found another scenery cfg file in program data folder, showed all the TP. lines. (see att.)copied to fsx. Tp will not generate tiles if UT. is activated. In the fsx settings library UT. is priority 1 thru 11, TP is 11 on. is this correct?. thanks.

In the fsx settings library UT. is priority 1 thru 11, TP is 11 on. is this correct?. thanks.
No, still backwards... UT is a modification at the default GENERIC texture 'level'. TP MUST be higher priority to overlay them. Perhaps some of the confusion lies in the scenery.cfg's text order of LOWEST to highest (more or less), while the scenery library window shows HIGHEST to lowest.When you open the scenery library in FSX, the Tileproxy entries need to be 1-90 (the first thing visible) and UT follows that after scrolling down a ways...Loyd

Thanks Loyd, that did the trick. The only snag now, is,if I run TP. with UT. activated , I get the out of memory note. I have 6GB ram thought that would be enough.anyway it is a step in the right direction, even get some street lights. Thanks, If you ever come through winchester, look me up, we will have diner.