Sign in to follow this  
timkmco

2 FS9.exe's and rundl32.exe when starting

I have a problem that has cropped up from time to time and the only way i can fix the problem is by reinstalling Windows. Everything is running fine and then one day I open FS and nothing happens. I open the task manager to see what processes are running and it says FS9.exe and a rundll32.exe which is eating up 100 percent CPU. Rundll32.exe never use to run before when all was fine. But now I open up FS9 and if i click on it again another instance of FS9.exe is there and rundll32.exe with CPU at 100 percent. Strange. I do a complete clean reinstall of FS and still the same. Only way to get the CPU down to normal is by ending the rundll32 process. I reinstall windows and all is fine. This happened a number of times for me. Strange. I am running WIN 7 Home premium on a 32 bit laptop (though it does it with 64bit as well). FSUIPC and FS navigator is the only real add-ons i have. Did a virus and Malware scan and found nothing. Anybody have a clue? Did a search and only found one thread with a solution about the games folder and not updating but that didn't work for me. Any help is appreciated as i'm tired of reinstalling Windows ever 3 or 4 months because of this problem. Oh yeah i've updated to 9.1 and running the no-cd exe. Thanks

Guest vortex777
I have a problem that has cropped up from time to time and the only way i can fix the problem is by reinstalling Windows. Everything is running fine and then one day I open FS and nothing happens. I open the task manager to see what processes are running and it says FS9.exe and a rundll32.exe which is eating up 100 percent CPU. Rundll32.exe never use to run before when all was fine. But now I open up FS9 and if i click on it again another instance of FS9.exe is there and rundll32.exe with CPU at 100 percent. Strange. I do a complete clean reinstall of FS and still the same. Only way to get the CPU down to normal is by ending the rundll32 process. I reinstall windows and all is fine. This happened a number of times for me. Strange. I am running WIN 7 Home premium on a 32 bit laptop (though it does it with 64bit as well). FSUIPC and FS navigator is the only real add-ons i have. Did a virus and Malware scan and found nothing. Anybody have a clue? Did a search and only found one thread with a solution about the games folder and not updating but that didn't work for me. Any help is appreciated as i'm tired of reinstalling Windows ever 3 or 4 months because of this problem. Oh yeah i've updated to 9.1 and running the no-cd exe. Thanks
Buy legal FS2004. Click Here

Active Camera use to cause double fs.exe to run. There was an update that fixed this years ago. If you use AC make sure it is the latest version. KJ

In case anyone should search for this problem in the future, here is the answer. Run regedit.Delete any entires under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUXJust leave Games and MachineSettings in there

visit:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837195-cheers

If you are using an NVida card and drivers, below are 3 registry keys that I've found that I don't need or use. They were installed when I installed my NVida video drivers, (at least on WinXP32). So I simply backed up the key information somewhere and then removeed them. They were causing RUNDLL32.EXE to stay running on my system twice.from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunNvCplDaemon "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"NvMediaCenter "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"nwiz "C:\Program Files\nVidia Corporation\nView\nwiz.exe /installquiet"I also disabled the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" as I've found it not to make any difference to what I'm doing with my FS9 box. It also saves a bit of memory. I'm not sure of the impact that it would have on your system but you could always put things back as needed.Mark