Sign in to follow this  
s_phoenix

Incorrect fuel displaying

Morning friends,is it known problem that J41 have incorrect fuel indication placed at the base of engine instrument panel ot not? So, 1471 lb/tank is maximum value for indication, so if maximum capacity of fuel is appox. 5800 gallons indeed, regarding fuel indicator it will be no more than 2942 in both tanks. Is it possible to fix all alone or need to wait for nearest patch?Thanks in advance for your help and answer.

is it known problem that J41 have incorrect fuel indication placed at the base of engine instrument panel ot not? So, 1471 lb/tank is maximum value for indication, so if maximum capacity of fuel is appox. 5800 gallons indeed, regarding fuel indicator it will be no more than 2942 in both tanks.
1471 lbs is not the maximum indication. See attached image with full tanks.

Ok, thank you Tom for clarify.But may be any ideas wherein reasons of this incorrect fuel quantity may be?Moreover, this value not depend how many fuel I'll load - more or less, in any case after J41 new flight loading it will be 1741 lb per each tank.Using the US system (feet, inches => pounds and gallons) units of measuring in FSX settings.

... new flight loading it will be 1741 lb per each tank.
That is just the default that is loaded. Change it to what ever you need.

Yes, of course, I load fuel as calculated for flight, add fuel using default FSX loader. In any case I'm facing with this mentioned problem Straight%20Face.gif Fuel quantity indication fails to loaded indeed.

Are you changing this from the "Free Flight" screen or after loading? It must be done after loading the flight.

Joe Sherrill

All fuel loading operations I do before flight loading - Free flight - choose place, time, a/c (J41), then load fuel and, finally, - Start flight.But, if I'm understood you correctly loading of fuel of J41 must be done after flight loading? :(

All fuel loading operations I do before flight loading - Free flight - choose place, time, a/c (J41), then load fuel and, finally, - Start flight.But, if I'm understood you correctly loading of fuel of J41 must be done after flight loading? :(
Yes, do it after loading flight.

Uh Rolling%20Eyes.gifThank you for clarify, friends, but I think than it must to be fixed (fuel loading principe must be revised) in the nearest patch.I hope on this at least.

I'm not sure if this is "issue", I think it was intended to be that way, the price comes from few compromises.

To ensure things are correctly initialised in FSX, you are expected to start FSX with one of the default aircraft and then change to the JS41. This is in the documentation and is true of all advanced sims, not just PMDG, therefore fueling from the free flight screen is pointless. Do not expect it to be corrected.

Thank you, Paul, but it some strange because many famous software addons don't need for preliminary defaul a/c loading before correct refueling, like this: CS 757/767, ATR 72 from Flight 1, Fokker 70/100 froject from DA, many etc.Ok, I'll know about this feature as well.