Sign in to follow this  
skyymaster

PDMG Keyboard Commands

I installed FSMultiCrew, afterwards my keyboard commands stopped working that I had put in for FMC, Overhead Panel, Throttle, etc. So, I uninstalled the FSCrew and deleted the .dll that I was required to do from their message.Even after doing this, what ever I program into the PDMG menu Panel Switcher to match with my keyboad function keys will only work during that current flight. When I close FSX and reopen it, the keyboard commands go back to default of Tab+1, Tab+2 in the PDMG Keyboard Commands menu not stay with what I programmed in.Any ideas, let me know if you need clarification. Should I use Windows Restore to go back to the day before I installed FS Multicrew.Very frustrated,Thanks

Give your PMDG folder admin rights.

Navigate to C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ and right-click on PMDG. Scroll to properties and then go to the security tab. Grant the SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATORS, and <USER> full privilages (edit and check everything). Then click apply. Everything should work and stay as you set it.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

+1I gave admin rights to my entire FSX install folder (Windows7) and it has cured ALL KINDS of hard to diagnose problems!

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Awesome. Glad it worked!

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Thanks guys,Neither of the above solutions worked for me. Something is corrupted. Not sure what.
Relax, nothing is corruptedLook in the FSX\PMDG\ folder for a file called "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.mce"That would be the backup of your old "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.ini" fileDelete the current ini file, and rename the "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.mce" to "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.ini" and you are back to your original config.For FS9, I think the file would be "747400Kbd.ini" and the backup "747400Kbd.mce"Gerald R.

Also, check the subfolders in the PMDG folder. They should have admin rights too. In theory, the permission can go down, but in my experience its inconsistent.

Folks,The solution provided below by Speedbird105 worked. :(Look in the FSX\PMDG\ folder for a file called "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.mce"That would be the backup of your old "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.ini" fileDelete the current ini file, and rename the "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.mce" to "PMDG_747-400_Kbd.ini" and you are back to your original config. I am sure providing admin rights will keep other issues from cropping up as there is always something new. :(