Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

Strange, New Throttle Problem

I absolutely love this aircraft and it has worked great for me .. until yesterday.  Now the keyboard doesnt operate the throttle controls any longer.  I use my J41 with FS CREW and at engine start, i get the first officer telling me to check throttle position.  Somehow, these are related.Anyone else have this problem?  How did you troubleshoot it? Keyboard appears to operate other aircraft, just will not work with J41.Richard Thomas

Did you check gust locks, maybe they're engaged?
thanks .. its not the gust locks.  My yoke throttle controls still function and I can manually move the throttles.  The issue is that because the keyboard no longer operates the throttles ... FS crew is stuck at engine start .. somehow its reading a problem with throttle position, likely related to why my keyboard doesn't operate the throttles anymore.  My keyboard operates the throttle on all other aircraft.Just thought that if I could solve the keyboard/throttle issue on this aircraft .. my FS crew would function properly again.

You don't say which version of FS2Crew you are using - Voice or Keyboard? It does change some keyboard configurations but as far as I know F1 to F4 are unchanged.My comments relate to the Keyboard version, but assuming that's not relevant, one of the FS2Crew Co-Pilot's Pre-Flight Actions to set the panel to Cold & Dark is set the throttles to full reverse (presumably this is where they'd normally be left from setting the Start Locks at the end of the previous flight). That's probably not where you'd have found the throttles before you installed FS2Crew.One of the Captain's actions in the Turn Check is then to move them up to Ground Start. Are you remembering to do that? F1 does it for me and that's one part of my flying the Co-Pilot doesn't complain about!

ngxu_banner.png

Guys .. thanks for the input.  I have resolved my problem.  Turns out that it wasnt a J41 issue .. it was a corrupted setpoint utilities for logitech devices.  Once I reinstalled setpoint .. the problem was resolved.