Sign in to follow this  
Holgi

Powerback and Engine Start without GPU

Hello!I have this Turboprob since day one but not used it often. But after buying FS2Crew (voice commander) for that airplane I fell in Love with it ;-) Amazing piece of Software!!!Two questions:1) How do I have to perform a powerback? Condition leavers flight?2) How can I start the engines without GPU? Can this aircrafts operates without GPU?Thank you very much,Holger

One more question....3. Where can I switch off the flight director?Thanks!

1. Put power leavers to reverse,2. Use battery, the drawback is that FMS can't store all data when shut off,3. I think you can't.

One more question....3. Where can I switch off the flight director?Thanks!
Hello, HolgerWhat kind of FD do you wanna swith off? STBY horizont gauge or primary on EADY after use?
2. Use battery, the drawback is that FMS can't store all data when shut off,
It's mean that you need more additional time for IRS calibration and FMC initialisaton as well. He%20He.gif

Thank You!Hmm, must try it again with the powerback, already used the reverser but the aircraft didn´t move and I got high EGT warnings. Condition Leavers were in flight mode.I meant the primary FD at the EADY. At least I have found a indirect way to switch it off (switching off all MCP knobs).I don´t understand how it works without GPU. I can´t bring up the main display´s to live without GPU. Is that right? The FMS seems to work. Must check it deeper!Thanks!

Holger-Powering back is actually not practiced in this airplane, as the process tends to introduce FOD to the engine intakes..The airplane is capable of pivot turning about the inside main gear in a turn... so we always did that instead.The flight director can be cleared by pressing the SBY button on the flight director console.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you Robert! That helps very much!Do you have some words to the GPU Question? It´s my first turboprop Add-On because generelly I more at home on Jets lije the B737. Turbprops don´t have APU´s. So how does it work without GPU Power (flight preparation, Engine Start etc.)?Currently I start the left engine with GPU power and there after the right engine after the GPU is diconnected.Thanks,Holger

SBY switch will turn off all AP modes resulting in flight director being cleared and no AP functionality, except for AP keeping level flight. The same result can be achieved by manually turning of all AP modes.EDIT:Sorry, pressing SBY will disengage AP.rolleyes.gif

Holger-Powering back is actually not practiced in this airplane, as the process tends to introduce FOD to the engine intakes..The airplane is capable of pivot turning about the inside main gear in a turn... so we always did that instead.
It still happens from time to time.
Don't think the ramp is sloped or anything.Every time I see that video, I am amazed how accurately you captured the engine sound of the plane in the simulator.