Sign in to follow this  
seat183

Ground Stutter

Hey simmers.I have this huge problem with FSX. When I say Huge, mainly annoying. I have tried every tweak under the sun even from the magic threads of Bojote my problem will not go away. FSX produces this ever constant ground stutter. I get a stutter that isn't huge but is easily noticeable and its incredibly annoying, even with settings High I get frames of above 70+ using Rex and the Airbus X. Here are my specs:Windows 7 32-Bit.ATI 1GB HD 4300/45003.00ghz / Bios says its at 40% OC. But that does not show in System Properties?4GB DDR2 RAMAll the latest ATI and such drivers. It's now go to things like panning and that creates the stutter. I have tried all the tools from ******* and all the tweaks from all around but cannot get anywhere, is my computer just not upto it!Thanks for helping.

I had a similar problem. Have you tried using an fps limiter like this one:http://www.4shared.com/file/Txs31sTN/FPS_Limiter_02.html

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I've had the same issue from the beginning with Windows 7 (64bit in my case). Tried everything to no avail. Seems almost like a vsync issue but nothing I've tried (won't go there as to how much) has solved it. Great in the air, but the ground is totally different and frames are rock solid. I take scenery complexity, autogen and traffic to zero and I still have that "loping" in the display. I would try the limiter, but I run dual monitors and have never been able to get it to work - anyone know if that's been fixed?.

Regards, Kendall

I've had the same issue from the beginning with Windows 7 (64bit in my case). Tried everything to no avail. Seems almost like a vsync issue but nothing I've tried (won't go there as to how much) has solved it. Great in the air, but the ground is totally different and frames are rock solid. I take scenery complexity, autogen and traffic to zero and I still have that "loping" in the display. I would try the limiter, but I run dual monitors and have never been able to get it to work - anyone know if that's been fixed?.
I don't know since I use it in one monitor. It only works with directx9 so you have to disable that for it to work, but it greatly helps my problem. I still have the frame stutters at some airports like the default o'hare but I just lower the frames further with the limiter and it greatly helps.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Thanks for the replies I have tried the Limiter but to no avail so I am still looking for a solution!Ty

I take scenery complexity, autogen and traffic to zero and I still have that "loping" in the display. I would try the limiter, but I run dual monitors and have never been able to get it to work - anyone know if that's been fixed?.
Kendall - are you, by any chance - running EZCA? Reason I ask is you mention "loping". That's how I describe mine when I'm using it: smooth as silk except that every 4-5 seconds or so I get this tiny "hesitation ". I take EZCA out of the picture - no hesitations; put it back in - hesitations. So it's gone now.Also - vsync will not cause stuttering - only a "rolling-tearing" about 2cm or 1/2" wide, all the way across the middle of the screen, most visible in a good bank angle - as when you're turning through 90 degrees. I think only ATI cards have this issue, too.Another thought - have you sent your fsx.cfg to Bojote's site for analysis?http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Kendall - are you, by any chance - running EZCA? Reason I ask is you mention "loping". That's how I describe mine when I'm using it: smooth as silk except that every 4-5 seconds or so I get this tiny "hesitation ". I take EZCA out of the picture - no hesitations; put it back in - hesitations. So it's gone now.Also - vsync will not cause stuttering - only a "rolling-tearing" about 2cm or 1/2" wide, all the way across the middle of the screen, most visible in a good bank angle - as when you're turning through 90 degrees. I think only ATI cards have this issue, too.Another thought - have you sent your fsx.cfg to Bojote's site for analysis?http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Hi Paul, sorry for the delay, was tied up with businesss. No I don't use EZCA, but your description is spot on to my problem. This problem still occurs on a vanilla FSX install with pertinent sliders dialed way down. The only reason I suspected Vsync was because on W7's release, there was some hullaballoo about refresh rates being set at 59hz instead of 60hz on my 24" monitor. I was able to force 60 using an Nvidia profile but alas, it didn't solve this issue. I've also read where many 8800GT users had similar issues with W7, but I tried a gtx260 when it was released without success. After exhausting most every avenue I just gave up and returned to my trusty XP64 install. The only other hardware difference between the OS installs is the W7 is on a WD Black 640, while the XP is on a Seagate - wonder if that might relate to different "throughput" for the system? I'll have to give *******' automated configurator awhirl. Thanks for the suggestions. OP, if you resolve your issue please post back and best of luck. Happy holidays to all. :(

Regards, Kendall