Sign in to follow this  
kingmilos

Problem with Microsoft Speech Recognition

Hi guys,I use FS2CREW for Maddog. I am extremely happy with it and everything runs as it is stated in the manual, but I have one problem. In reading several checklists I say the word 'start, closed, .. " and if I say so I just open the Start menu on the toolbar and the word "Closed" closes FS.FS2CREW uses the Microsoft Speech Recognition. So I ask if anyone knows how to program in the set to listen to my voice commands only for FS?Thank you for your reply.

Hi guys,I use FS2CREW for Maddog. I am extremely happy with it and everything runs as it is stated in the manual, but I have one problem. In reading several checklists I say the word 'start, closed, .. " and if I say so I just open the Start menu on the toolbar and the word "Closed" closes FS.FS2CREW uses the Microsoft Speech Recognition. So I ask if anyone knows how to program in the set to listen to my voice commands only for FS?Thank you for your reply.
Hi,That's a simple one.Make sure that the Windows Speech Recognition system is "OFF" prior to loading Flight Simulator. There's a checkbox on the Speech Recognition Properties page (via the Windows Control Panel)... Make sure it is "unchecked".Cheers,

Guest Martevuo

Hello!here in my window... nothing in?where shall I setup my stuff? EDIT: This is what FS2 gives:Current Task: Creating the Critical Section Object..., SUCCEEDED!Windows Vista Service Pack 2Microsoft Flight Simulator XCurrent Task: Creating the ISpRecognizer object..., SUCCEEDED![unknown Speech Recognizer]Current Task: Creating the ISpRecoContext object..., Error Code: 0x80045077

What language is that?Your OS is obviously not English.If it's the 'Ultimate' version, you can download the English Language Pack from Microsoft.If not, you'll need to use a program called Vistalizator to switch your OS to English.Vistalizator is available via this link: www.froggie.skCheers,

Guest Martevuo

Thaks man!Its working now . I did unstall the program you recommended and swiched to ENG OSCurrent Task: Creating the Critical Section Object..., SUCCEEDED!Windows Vista Service Pack 2Microsoft Flight Simulator XCurrent Task: Creating the ISpRecognizer object..., SUCCEEDED!Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)Current Task: Creating the ISpRecoContext object..., SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Setting the CallBack Function..., SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Setting the Notifications Interest..., SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Creating the ISpAudio object..., SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Setting the Audio Input..., SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Setting the Recognizer State..., SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Creating the ISpRecoGrammar object..., SUCCEEDED!, SUCCEEDED!Current Task: Setting the rule with id 1 to ACTIVE..., SUCCEEDED!...Now, lets try ;)

Guest Martevuo

Hmm.. I did install USB MIC and started FSX normally like before.. fs2Crew is not starting anymore?!so, I unistalled the FS2CREW and installed it back + changed to old mic.. Speech Recognition Init Log on the mail screen gives blank window now...Any idea whats wrong?I did try to check with notepad about panel.cfg file but didnt really understand what to look for.-M

Guest Martevuo

Now I got the txt back to Init Log..BUTIf useing via maddog configure panel 2D FS2CREW is working but not in VC??puuuh...

Guest Martevuo
pretty emty ;)
PROBLEN SOLVEDreboot was the issue

I'm using vista 32 ultimate, English edition. I cannot locate the check box you refer to to stop the speech engine from doing windows commands when I just want the 2010 737 (fsx) to do engine start for example. I say " Start sequence is 1 then 2" and the start menu opens. Would appreciate any help, maybe a screen shot of the fix sequence.Jerry=====See my flight deck here:http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

I'm using vista 32 ultimate, English edition. I cannot locate the check box you refer to to stop the speech engine from doing windows commands when I just want the 2010 737 (fsx) to do engine start for example. I say " Start sequence is 1 then 2" and the start menu opens. Would appreciate any help, maybe a screen shot of the fix sequence.Jerry=====See my flight deck here:http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/
Hi Jerry,Important... Make sure the Windows Speech Recognizer is **not** running. It definitely sounds like you turned it on. That's why you're getting 'Windows' commands when talking to FS2Crew.To find the Speech Recognition control panel in Windows, just open the Start Menu (bottom left hand button in Windows) and do a search using the term "Speech Recognition". Select the one listed in "Control Panel." Then select "Advanced Speech Options".In that panel, there is also a checkbox for "run speech recognition at start up"... Make sure that is 'off / unchecked' .Also make sure the Speech Recognizer is set to English - US, not English - AU, or SA or or UK.Cheers,

I tried something different today. I started FSX, then FS2CREW, and started the checklists and all seemed to work ok. Before, I was starting voice recognition after launching FSX, and that apparently was causing the problem.

I tried something different today. I started FSX, then FS2CREW, and started the checklists and all seemed to work ok. Before, I was starting voice recognition after launching FSX, and that apparently was causing the problem.
Yup, never start the Microsoft Voice Recognition.You do not want it running.Just let FS2Crew handle everything.Cheers,