Sign in to follow this  
hodge001

World Airways Cargo Repaint

HiI am not sure if this would be of interest to anybody, but I was asked to do a World Airwys colour scheme for the –8, which I finished a day or two ago and have only just though that maybe somebody else may want a copy, if so then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17601742/74X_8i_WAC_01.zipAs usual if you need any changes or updates to the colour scheme, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Jim Hodkinson

Hi! I have used you're livery, in the day it's OK, but in the night when I turn on any panel light and I take a look to see the exterior beauty... I can see inside of the aircraft. Maybe it's me and my system or something missing in the texture.off2010-12-7_21-9-32-317.jpgon2010-12-7_21-9-44-441.jpg

Hi AngelThe good news is that it is not your system, that is unless my system ahs the same problem, so I have had just a quick look at the textures, and to be honest I can not for the life of me figure out what the issue is, it may be some simple step that I missed when compiling the textures but at this stage I really do not know, I will have a closer look however and see if I can narrow down what it is, and as soon as I can I will let you know, and my apologies for both the problem itself and my late reply.Jim Hodkinson

OK looking forward to it...

Hi AngelThe good news is that it is not your system, that is unless my system ahs the same problem, so I have had just a quick look at the textures, and to be honest I can not for the life of me figure out what the issue is, it may be some simple step that I missed when compiling the textures but at this stage I really do not know, I will have a closer look however and see if I can narrow down what it is, and as soon as I can I will let you know, and my apologies for both the problem itself and my late reply.Jim Hodkinson

Hello Jim!Many thanks for the WOA texture set, its fantastic and as for the transparency issue at night, yes its there but it does not bother me as everything is ok at the front end, i.e., the 2D and 3D cockpit views.Best regards,Mick.

Hi Angel & MIckMy apologies for the delay, but I have been tearing my grey hair out with this one, BUT with a little hair to spare I think I have fixed it, so if you would like to take V3 for a spin, then here are the files..http://www.filefront.com/17627234/74X_8i_WAC_03.zipOnce again my apologies to you both, and anybody who may have downloaded the original files, and thanks for your understanding, I am now off to have a drink.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi MickThe problem was at my end, I have always has Photoshop set basically at the default setting, which was to save with alpha layer, which is fine or has been for all my other repaints, but the 8i freighter is slightly different so my fix for the transparent sides was to save without alpha layers and add a “borrowed” alpha layer to the texture sheet at a later stage.As I said in a previous post, I knew it had to be something that I was missing, I just did not know what, but hopefully everything is now OK, if your lucky you never stop learning.Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,Many thanks for taking the time to repaint and problem solve and also to keep us informed along the way. The v3 textures work very nicely with no transparency issues at night with the cockpit lighting on.Wishing you and yours a very happy xmas and a wonderful new year!Best regards,Mick.

Hi MattMy apologies I have just seen that I referred to you as Mick in the post about the cause of the transparency problem, I think my mind is going, I just wish I knew where to.Thanks to all for the patience while I figured out the problem, which as in most cases was between the chair and the keyboard, and thanks for the comments and the feedback, both really are appreciated.Have a very happy Christmas, and a great New Year.Jim Hodkinson

Hi MattMy apologies I have just seen that I referred to you as Mick in the post about the cause of the transparency problem, I think my mind is going, I just wish I knew where to.Thanks to all for the patience while I figured out the problem, which as in most cases was between the chair and the keyboard, and thanks for the comments and the feedback, both really are appreciated.Have a very happy Christmas, and a great New Year.Jim Hodkinson
No problem Jim, Mick is a pretty cool nickname. Or Mickname I guess. And likewise most of my problems are caused by that loose connection between the yoke and throttle...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Hey Sorry for the late reply but thanks and don't worry you are doing gr8 and LOVE the repaint thanks.

Hi Angel & MIckMy apologies for the delay, but I have been tearing my grey hair out with this one, BUT with a little hair to spare I think I have fixed it, so if you would like to take V3 for a spin, then here are the files..http://www.filefront...X_8i_WAC_03.zipOnce again my apologies to you both, and anybody who may have downloaded the original files, and thanks for your understanding, I am now off to have a drink.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson