Sign in to follow this  
melodious

Just Bought it - two questions...

Hi Bryan!First of all - fantastic product!I was "flying" with a friend and got a chance to use the FS2Crew LDS button version, and it was fantastic - i then decided to buy it for my rig (voice edition)... and love it.. two questions..1. FO takeoff? Is there a way to do this / trigger this in the voice version? i have been unable to find - i found it fun to simulate the PNF every once and a while, wondering how this is done in the voice version.2. When the autopilot is disengaged, and i ask heading 170 - i see the voice recognition, but the FO does not tune the heading into the AP. When AP is engaged and i say it, once i tune it he says checked. but it was my understanding that if AP was disengaged he will actually dial it in? am i confusing something here? is there something i have set up incorrectly?Thanks in advance for the help...Matt

Hi Bryan!First of all - fantastic product!I was "flying" with a friend and got a chance to use the FS2Crew LDS button version, and it was fantastic - i then decided to buy it for my rig (voice edition)... and love it.. two questions..1. FO takeoff? Is there a way to do this / trigger this in the voice version? i have been unable to find - i found it fun to simulate the PNF every once and a while, wondering how this is done in the voice version.2. When the autopilot is disengaged, and i ask heading 170 - i see the voice recognition, but the FO does not tune the heading into the AP. When AP is engaged and i say it, once i tune it he says checked. but it was my understanding that if AP was disengaged he will actually dial it in? am i confusing something here? is there something i have set up incorrectly?Thanks in advance for the help...Matt
Hi Matt,FO takeoffs: I've removed them for now until I can find a way to get the FO to hold the centerline and track the FD better. Too many people complained the FO was crashing the plane.If you want the FO to "set" a heading, etc., in the MCP uses the following commands:MCP Panel Autopilot Commands:- Set Heading ___- Set Altitude ___- Set Flight Level ___- Set Speed ___- Set Mach Point ___- Set Course ___- Set Vertical Speed Up ___- Set Vertical Speed Down ___- Set Course on my Side ___- Set Course on your Side ___If you just want to announce what you've done, drop the 'set' prefix.Best,

Bryan!Thank you for the quick reply! All is working now..Too bad about the FO take off, i didnt mind tracking the tiller for" him" for the roll - never had a crash problem... if youre ever on the fence about bringing it back - it added a great feature espically in multi leg flights for CRM. :) Once one gets the "hang" of it , its really a nice feature. I may have to buy the button version as well now... hehAll the best.