Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Want to know how screwed up United Airlines is...read

Just read in a private forum that on Good Morning America this morning, the wives of the UAL pilots killed in the Sept.11 tragedy got their husbands last paychecks from United. The trouble is that their pay for those fateful flights were not on the paychecks because the flights were not completed. What??? Way to show some compassion there United. I know it is not how the line employees think at UAL but the greedy corprate jerks in UAL's management.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's pretty sad to hear that they did that. Maybe it was just an error...i mean everything is computerized these dasy so there is probably a computer that calulates paychecks and it just calculated using the facts on it's HDD.If it deliberately done like that then I am dissapointed.Mike

Corporate America at it's worst :(But Mikk is probably right, everything is computerized now. Though I doubt they'll fix it. All the airlines are pretty hard up for $$ since the terrorist attacks.

There really is no reason to "fix" anything. The paychecks were made out according to the contract the pilots had signed and that's it.The real problem is not the paychecks at all, but the moneygrubbers who complain about those flights not being paid for...Anyone know what the airlines did for the families of the crew? If it's anything like what KLM did for the relatives of the flights that crashed at Teneriffe, that's a lot. Complaining about a bit of money afterwards is insensitive in the extreme.

Hm - I find UAL bashing by someone with a huge Delta banner also not showing a great deal of sensitivity.Paychecks are auto-generated, probably based on signed off flights. Dealing with loss of aircrew is -fortunately- not a primary requirement for paycheck systems' development. I can imagine with the shock that must have went through the whole airline by the loss of two crews and passengers one does not first think about paychecks. I would be very careful to go out UAL bashing without knowing what else UAL has done for families of lost employees.Vince

It's not Eric that's bashing United, it's the wives of the crew members lost on 9/11 and the lack of pay was just one of the CONCERNS of the families that was discussed on TV.Ed Weber a.k.a. tallpilot(A 30yr employee of Airlines and not suprised)

True. I would not be worried because I did not get the last flight's money. It will not make a differencec. I am sure the families were compensated in other ways and all those funds that were set up to sompensate the families. In my reply I did not mean to say that UAL is no good..I just wanted to point out that the paychecks are issued by computer.Take careMike

Vince,I am not bashing UAL. I was stating a fact. It was the wives of the pilots that were on Good Morning America, not me. Of course you can't write something about them so you write something about what I said. Next time, keep your inane comments to yourself. Oh, and I would have wrote that with a UAL banner under my name as well. It just happens that I fly for a virtual DAL.Jeroen,>Complaining about a bit of money afterwards is insensitive in the >extreme.You should go to ABC's message forum and post that comment over there. Then see who the insensitive one is (hint: Look in mirror).Like Ed correctly summerized, it was a CONCERN.