Sign in to follow this  
garyscott

File Uploading problem, Help?!?

This is mainly for the library managers really, but i am a new contributer trying to upload a file but am having no luck. Each time i go through the 5 steps to upload, at the last step (the file upload itself) the progress is almost complete when my window "times out?" and i get messages saying that either IE cannot display the page, or that the server was reset? I am a little confused as i have had no problems uploading to other repositories, just Avsim. I would very much like my files to be available to the widest audience, hence my uploading to many sites (well....2 up to now! LOL), and would like to hopefully learn what i may be doing wrong, so that i can contribute files to the best known FS site around, Avsim.I can PM a manager with my upload ID number that i gained during the upload process, to see if it was successful. Hope to hear from anyone soon.Kindest regards,Gary J.Scott.*PS- Happy to be among you all, and a very Merry Xmas to everyone!

On the main Library page, near the top and slightly to the right is an e-mail contact address.Use it and provide all the info you can - they will get back to you with assistance I am sure.

On the main Library page, near the top and slightly to the right is an e-mail contact address.Use it and provide all the info you can - they will get back to you with assistance I am sure.
Mr Marshall, thanks for the reply, will try as instructed. And by the way, thank you for your many sceneries! Your artistic hand plays a large part in my virtual world!:Applause:

Just a little update in case anybody from the library team are listening in,i have had no reply to ANY of the e-mails i sent to all e-mail adresses listed for the library team.

It is not that big a deal really, its just that my files are doing quite well on Simviation, Flightsim.com and i hoped that they would do well on Avsim, but as i cannot upload to Avsim and no-one will help me with the upload problem (Well, people have lent helping words, but they are not part of the library team), then i can only limit my files to other websites. It is not me who is losing out, rather people who might be looking for just such a paint as i have done, or like the subjects i have portrayed, my paints are well recieved and would be through this site im sure, but as i wished to share my paints with the widest audience, then maybe Avsim is not the right avenue for me. This is not a gripe, moan etc. Just an observation on help requested to help recieved. Its the little people that make the big ones look better, if you cant take care of those little people (contributers).........................

Mr. Scott:There must be something amiss with your email program. I did not receive any mail from you and two of the people you claim to have emailed are not on the front page anymore because they have left Avsim. Apparently you got the email list from an old front page. The library managers answer all emails and resolve all problems if it is humanly possible to do so.I suggest you try again and we will see what happens.

Just a little update in case anybody from the library team are listening in,i have had no reply to ANY of the e-mails i sent to all e-mail adresses listed for the library team.

It is not that big a deal really, its just that my files are doing quite well on Simviation, Flightsim.com and i hoped that they would do well on Avsim, but as i cannot upload to Avsim and no-one will help me with the upload problem (Well, people have lent helping words, but they are not part of the library team), then i can only limit my files to other websites. It is not me who is losing out, rather people who might be looking for just such a paint as i have done, or like the subjects i have portrayed, my paints are well recieved and would be through this site im sure, but as i wished to share my paints with the widest audience, then maybe Avsim is not the right avenue for me. This is not a gripe, moan etc. Just an observation on help requested to help recieved. Its the little people that make the big ones look better, if you cant take care of those little people (contributers).........................

I have not received an e-mail from you either.Zip your files with the default windows zip utility and try again.This problem could be because of the compression software you are using (please note that this could also be a fault in your .zip file) or a setting in your compression software.Our current system accept only simple zips - your software may be set to use a deeper compression algorithm in the .zip that is causing these upload problems.In a quest to compress more some of the new compression software out there uses new compression algorithms and I have noticed that some try to sneak in RAR elements (unfortunately I am not aware of any way of checking for these in a zip file) - *our server does not accept anything but simple zips*. If you notice zips compressed in the new software are smaller than zips created with older programs, there is no way to achieve this unless RAR or other new elements are applied. These new elements can cause upload problems to our present system.

I have not received an e-mail from you either.Zip your files with the default windows zip utility and try again.This problem could be because of the compression software you are using (please note that this could also be a fault in your .zip file) or a setting in your compression software.Our current system accept only simple zips - your software may be set to use a deeper compression algorithm in the .zip that is causing these upload problems.In a quest to compress more some of the new compression software out there uses new compression algorithms and I have noticed that some try to sneak in RAR elements (unfortunately I am not aware of any way of checking for these in a zip file) - *our server does not accept anything but simple zips*. If you notice zips compressed in the new software are smaller than zips created with older programs, there is no way to achieve this unless RAR or other new elements are applied. These new elements can cause upload problems to our present system.
*Use standard windows7 "send to zipfile" utility, i also use Izarc and 7zip, but i didnt use those when trying to send.

*Use standard windows7 "send to zipfile" utility, i also use Izarc and 7zip, but i didnt use those when trying to send.
Then try creating a simple zip through 7zip and see if that works. I don't use Windows 7 (or Vista) so no idea about its default compression utility. I know for sure that under Windows XP or earlier the default utility would solve the problem for sure (if the problem was from the zip).Also you can check the settings on any Internet security software you may have - sometimes overzealous Internet security programs can cause these types of difficulties, they may be blocking downloads/uploads or access to AVSIM in some form.You can also try to put www.avsim.com, www.avsim.net, library.avsim.net and forums1.avsim.net in your trusted sites list. You do this by clicking on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY tab, and then highlite TRUSTED SITES, and click on SITES. UNCHECK the box that requires SERVER VERIFICATION (HTTPS) and add the Avsim URL addresses.That's all I can think of at present to help you resolve the upload difficulties.

Then try creating a simple zip through 7zip and see if that works. I don't use Windows 7 (or Vista) so no idea about its default compression utility. I know for sure that under Windows XP or earlier the default utility would solve the problem for sure (if the problem was from the zip).Also you can check the settings on any Internet security software you may have - sometimes overzealous Internet security programs can cause these types of difficulties, they may be blocking downloads/uploads or access to AVSIM in some form.You can also try to put www.avsim.com, www.avsim.net, library.avsim.net and forums1.avsim.net in your trusted sites list. You do this by clicking on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY tab, and then highlite TRUSTED SITES, and click on SITES. UNCHECK the box that requires SERVER VERIFICATION (HTTPS) and add the Avsim URL addresses.That's all I can think of at present to help you resolve the upload difficulties.
Never thought of doing the trusted sites thing, thank you for your assistance. Uploads uploaded.

Never thought of doing the trusted sites thing, thank you for your assistance. Uploads uploaded.
Yup, I think I just sore your repaints in the library - We're glad you were able to upload.