Sign in to follow this  
masneoquil

Wrong engine start

Hello BryanSo far I'm enjoying this new simulation very much.One issue I detect today was that I did a manual start, I asked for engine 4 start and the FO pulled the number 3 start. Could be the size of the mini panel like in the 737 PIC version?? although that is the only one that didn't worked. Engine 1 and 2 worked great. On the other hand, i wanted to ask you how do you planed this new version. I'm asking cause in the previous 747 version, we had a panel config with a preflight already set up. I thought that that is what is normal on a big airliner. I have no problem on following the preflight procedures, but in order to get to the preflight checklist I have to do my procedures and the FO ones too.What do you recommend to do? Thank you very much for another great product.

Hello BryanSo far I'm enjoying this new simulation very much.One issue I detect today was that I did a manual start, I asked for engine 4 start and the FO pulled the number 3 start. Could be the size of the mini panel like in the 737 PIC version?? although that is the only one that didn't worked. Engine 1 and 2 worked great. On the other hand, i wanted to ask you how do you planed this new version. I'm asking cause in the previous 747 version, we had a panel config with a preflight already set up. I thought that that is what is normal on a big airliner. I have no problem on following the preflight procedures, but in order to get to the preflight checklist I have to do my procedures and the FO ones too.What do you recommend to do? Thank you very much for another great product.
Hi Mattias,Glad you like it :( Panel size is not issue as it's already large. I've tested the engine start 100 times. I suspect what happened is that the Speech Recognition heard "Engine 3" instead of "4".Check the "Green Bar" so you can see what the recognition engine is hearing. I suspect it somehow heard "4" in your case.Let me know.As for custom panel states: I thought about it, but the last time I created one some users said it gave them problems with the autothrottle switch. Never could explain that... So this time I decided to "play it safe" and just stick to the 'stock' PMDG cold and dark panel states.If you want to create your custom panel state, by all means go ahead.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,sorry to tell, that Mattias is right. The F/O is operation the Eng3 starter although the green bar shows "start engine 4". Please be so kind to check the 101st time. ;)CheerioFlorian

Hi Bryan,sorry to tell, that Mattias is right. The F/O is operation the Eng3 starter although the green bar shows "start engine 4". Please be so kind to check the 101st time. ;)CheerioFlorian
Hi Florian,I just checked again and you appear to be right :( I'll fix it tomorrow and issue an update since this an important one.I apologize. The bug slipped in during one of the Release Candidates and wasn't picked up somehow since most users and testers are doing "autostarts" and saying "start 4 and 3", which uses a different procedure.Would you like a spot on my beta team :( Best,

Would you like a spot on my beta team :( Best,
"Spot on the BETA-TEAM" Confess, you are autostart-softies "Spot off" :( B) CheerioFlorianP.S. Bryan, how about adding an abitious, young german engineer to your beta team?? :( Edited by ErrorInside

Thanks a lot Bryan for the fix.I didn't have the time to test it again. And thanks to Florian tooRegards,