Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dutch727

A little present for you too.

The two great additions to my flight simming this year have been the Tinmouse and Radar Contact. It'll be great to have an FSX version, thanks Bob!When I started using Radar Contact it seems I lost all protection from AI airplanes on the ground. I sometimes had to dodge them before, but now they are after me from all sides it seems -- because I'm no longer signed into the MS ATC system I suppose; but freelancing it around the airport from the MS point of view.Whether you use RC or not, blind and/or crazy AI pilots are an unrealistic menace to all simmers, and it seems they get even more crazed when you've just completed a long, interesting flight and are headed for your gate!This gauge will stop all that, putting you under its protection. While you are on the ground it will scan all ground AI traffic around you, and if one is headed for you it will stop them once they get within 100 meters of your airplane, and not release them until you are safely more than 100 meters away.Get it here: http://www.fscaptain...ads/GCAS100.zipI call it GCAS for Ground Collision Avoidance System. It's not a big thing, but if you like me are frustrated and feeling a little like a target in the world of MSFS sometimes, this will prevent your flights from ending in virtual tragedy. At least it will protect you from the AI -- it won't protect THEM from YOU.Enjoy!Dutch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Dutch! Guess I can stop developing that Stinger missile for FSX now... :( Is it FSX-only, or FS9+FSX?CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

It works in both versions. My super-instant molecular freeze ray magic spell beats any Stinger anyway :)D

Thanks Dutch! Guess I can stop developing that Stinger missile for FSX now... :( Is it FSX-only, or FS9+FSX?CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO