Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

january

777 News from Boeing

Bloomberg News reports this morning-"Boeing Co. said it will boost the production rate of its 777s for the second time this year as the planemaker struggles with delays on the 787 Dreamliner. Production for the 777s will increase to 8.3 aircraft per month in the first quarter of 2013, the Chicago-based company said today in a statement. In March, Boeing announced it would increase production to seven planes from five per month starting in mid-2011. Boeing is increasing production for the twin-aisle aircraft as carriers seek to expand and refresh their fleets. Production increases for the 777 and the single-aisle 737 contrast with Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner, which has been delayed six times as parts shortages and redesigns have left the program about three years behind schedule."Alex Reid

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JANUARY, your back. Good to hear from you. And the triple 7 is the best.JimCYWG

JANUARY, your back. Good to hear from you. And the triple 7 is the best.JimCYWG
Hi Jim- still around keeping a fatherly eye on the sim world, but at nearly 80, too old and too costly to move on with upgrading my ancient hardware- all of which got donated to our local Air Cadet squadron.In place of triple sim monitors, my desk now sports an N scale railway- about 35' of intertwined track with mountain scenery, and just a single monitor from which I scan AVSIM !---------------Increasing production/sales of the 777 suggests there may be a real horse race developing between it and the A380.Merry Christmas to all- Alex Reid