Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett53

FS2Audio.dll Error Code 0x7e

I downloaded the TM2 for FS9 and following the install instructions placed the FS2Audio.dll in WINDOWS/System32 folder. Please note that there are several subfolders in System32. I did not place the .dll in any of them. It is in System32 Folder. I ran dxdiag and found my DirectX version is 9.0c (after reading in a separate thread that updating DirectX fixed this issue for the posting party).When I went to the Microsoft Update Site I read that 9.0c is the latest version for my system, a Gateway 825GM running Windows XP SP3.I thought restarting the system may correct it, but no joy. Do I have to update my 9.0c to a higher version (10 or 11) which I would rather not do as I have read about graphics issues with older systems like mine, or do I run update and "change" my 9.0c version to 9.0c, which sounds a little ridiculous?Randy Edit: On a whim I decided to download DirectX 9.0c Update and "install" it over the top of my DirectX 9.0c to see what happened. As ridiculous as it sounds, it fixed the problem and the TM2 is available for flight now without any errors.Awesome Bird, Capt Scott. Many thanks to you. You are a true credit to the FlightSim Community.:(

I downloaded the TM2 for FS9 and following the install instructions placed the FS2Audio.dll in WINDOWS/System32 folder. Please note that there are several subfolders in System32. I did not place the .dll in any of them. It is in System32 Folder. I ran dxdiag and found my DirectX version is 9.0c (after reading in a separate thread that updating DirectX fixed this issue for the posting party).When I went to the Microsoft Update Site I read that 9.0c is the latest version for my system, a Gateway 825GM running Windows XP SP3.I thought restarting the system may correct it, but no joy. Do I have to update my 9.0c to a higher version (10 or 11) which I would rather not do as I have read about graphics issues with older systems like mine, or do I run update and "change" my 9.0c version to 9.0c, which sounds a little ridiculous?Randy Edit: On a whim I decided to download DirectX 9.0c Update and "install" it over the top of my DirectX 9.0c to see what happened. As ridiculous as it sounds, it fixed the problem and the TM2 is available for flight now without any errors.Awesome Bird, Capt Scott. Many thanks to you. You are a true credit to the FlightSim Community.:(
I'm having the same issue with WinXP SP3. I also ran diagdx which resulted in this output:I'll have to try the directx upgrade, but first have to make an image, and note the changes the directx update makes.RJ

RJ,Installing DirectX 9.0c over the existing 9.0c worked for me although I didn't think to see what was different about it and it's too late now, but my system seems none the worse for it. FS9 working fine as well as my add-ons. Give it a shot...couldn't hurt...at least I don't think so.Randy Also, my apologies to Colonel Scott in my original post for demoting him to Captain. My sincerest apologies.

RJ,Installing DirectX 9.0c over the existing 9.0c worked for me although I didn't think to see what was different about it and it's too late now, but my system seems none the worse for it. FS9 working fine as well as my add-ons. Give it a shot...couldn't hurt...at least I don't think so.Randy
Just like Randy (Ramjett53) said, as well as mentioned in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/321781-v13-problems/ , installing the update fixed my issue as well. However I still have some testing before installing this update on my main FlightSim system.I downloaded the update from here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8dwhich allows you to save the complete directx update to DVD for later use, like when I need to reload my system or Microsoft shuts its website down :Just Kidding:When you run "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe" in the download above, it extracts files to a temp folder first. Then you can install the update by running "DXSETUP.exe".As mentioned in the other thread, you can download the update via the web using this link:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=enHere is the after shot of the changes made after installing this update:RJ

Received the same error code on first run of TM II 1.30 in FSX. Windows 7 with Direct X 11.0 install. Re-installed Direct X 11.0 per Windows Direct X help instructions. No further error messages.Hope this helps...Rich

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS