Sign in to follow this  
DEINIOLENMAN

FMC - DISCONTINUITY PROBLEMS

I presume I am not the only person to have been puzzled by the procedure for inserting an intermediate location.1. Let us suppose I have locations A,B,C and D in my legs page.2. I wish to insert location Z between B and C.In the past, I have been wring 'Z' on the scratchpad, inserting it between B and C and getting a Continuity warning which, whatever I do, never seems to go away. The answer is1. To insert Z between A and B but instead of 'writing' C on the scratchpad, press the RSK next to C (so that C appears on the scratchpad) and then to press the RSK next to the continuity box. Press the exec key and the whole thing should fall into place.

From what I remember, all you need to do is clear the discontinuity line and it'll go away. While I'm sure what you wrote works, it seems more complicated than it needs to be.

Kyle Rodgers

You need to close the gaps either on the LEGS page or on the RTE page. I don't believe you can simply delete a DISCO.

Matt Cee

Matt, sometimes that is all it takes. I am not sure when that will work or not, but I have done that especially when changing a route. I don't believe that this is an accurate modelling of FMS behavior.

Dan Downs KCRP

Maybe. Luckily, I've been off for two weeks, and I've flushed some of the details. Sadly, I'll have to figure it out again in a few days. <sigh>

Matt Cee