Sign in to follow this  
amazeika

AI traffic crazy pushbacks

Hello everyone,I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue. I load the demo IFR plan provided with VoxATC (Kansas City Intl to Eppley) with a setting of 50% on traffic density.Just wait until the plane that's located at your right requests a pushback. Instead of a pushback, the plane is literally catapulted towards the terminal Big%20Grin.gif. Is it just me, or someone else have experienced this weird behavior with AI traffic ?.

Which traffic solution are you using there? I have UT2 and had MyTraffic before and can't report about such things so far on version 6.04.I once forgot to ran the indexer after installing a new airport and had strange taxiways of the AI then, but after running the indexer everything was fine again.UT2 traffic also needs the small UT2Bridge tool to run.

Which traffic solution are you using there? I have UT2 and had MyTraffic before and can't report about such things so far on version 6.04.I once forgot to ran the indexer after installing a new airport and had strange taxiways of the AI then, but after running the indexer everything was fine again.UT2 traffic also needs the small UT2Bridge tool to run.
Before installing VoxATC I was using WOAI.I had to rename the FSX default AI traffic for WOAI planes to show. Otherwise only default FSX planes were present. However this weird issue was present with both the default .bgl file and without it, i.e. before I had an FSX MD-80, now I have an American Airlines one, but both get pushed like tomcats from an aircraft carrier towards the airport !.FSX ATC & AI traffic is disabled. Too bad that you can't reproduce this as you are using UT2. It would be nice if anyone else could try this out.Thanks !.

I have a default FSX installation with UT2 now and will load that Kansas City Intl to Eppley flight while watching the AI guys for some minutes.I report back, good or bad, what I see there.I never really used the example flights as I bought VoxATC (which was version 5 back then), but started right away. So the actual test of this special situation never really happened I must admit.But the test with default AI or other packs as my UT2 now still remains open then of course.Updating. This was a short test it seems. :blush:I can't reproduce an AI setting with a "plane on the right" with UT2 traffic here. I have the VoxATC traffic slider at 50% and that IFR Kansas City Intl to Eppley loaded but my default Cessna is alone at the parking spot, all AI is in the air or somewhere around the place.Sorry, amazeike, my best possible contribution therefor will be to watch all AI planes closely on my future flights. As said, I didn't see any jumping ones so far. Misplacement happened a few times but was some error on my side (Indexer didn't run after updates).

Guest clarkey06
Hello everyone,I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue. I load the demo IFR plan provided with VoxATC (Kansas City Intl to Eppley) with a setting of 50% on traffic density.Just wait until the plane that's located at your right requests a pushback. Instead of a pushback, the plane is literally catapulted towards the terminal Big%20Grin.gif. Is it just me, or someone else have experienced this weird behavior with AI traffic ?.
Are you using Acceleration, if un-install it, but not forgetting to install sp2. Problem solved

Are you using Acceleration, if un-install it, but not forgetting to install sp2. Problem solved
Thank you for confirming this :). Yes, I'm using the Acceleration pack.However, I'm not sure I would like to remove the Acceleration thing though. CoolIP, are you using it as well ?, and thank you for reporting back and trying to reproduce the issue ;).

Guest clarkey06
Thank you for confirming this :). Yes, I'm using the Acceleration pack.However, I'm not sure I would like to remove the Acceleration thing though. CoolIP, are you using it as well ?, and thank you for reporting back and trying to reproduce the issue ;).
Accelerator somehow interferes with this, this is the only known solution.

Yes, Acceleration pack too here. But, as said, I can't reproduce it until now.I'm mostly in the cockpit when I start flights, no panning around much. So if it did happen on my system, I would only have recognized it when looking at the very nearby planes so far. Once again, I have to check if my AI (UT2 driven by VoxATC) is affected by this. I actually saw quite some AI pushback actions until now and don't had rocket starts. I will report if I see some.Of course, to uninstall the A pack isn't an option at all but a workaround only, so the word "solution" could be amended in my eyes.There was another dev lately who recommended to get rid of this (Acceleration) addon to allow his planes to not jump on the tarmac all the time, so sorry if my words about being no solution here sound harsh or something. There's a story behind it and no offense intended to fellow people investigating like clarkey06. I personally really appreciate such efforts.I think that if more guys report this to be related to the A pack, work is reasonable there.I'm sure the small pushback glitch from VoxATC can be fixed (with an update), leaving Acceleration installed. At least, I hope that this possible.

There was another dev lately who recommended to get rid of this (Acceleration) addon to allow his planes to not jump on the tarmac all the time
Yup, the problem he was referring to is the same problem I'm having. Planes end up jumping on their wheels after being "catapulted". Therefore, I'm not the only one having this issue.

Just to make clear it. This sentence

There was another dev lately who recommended to get rid of this (Acceleration) addon to allow his planes to not jump on the tarmac all the time
was referring to another developer (not user), recommending to uninstall the Acceleration pack to get rid of some bugs with his bird only. That should be an example of how "funny" some recommendations can be.As we all know, the A pack comes from Microsoft itself and implements some very standard FSX functions. If addons don't work with this standard, it can't be called a solution to change the standard then but to work on those faulty addons again. That's the tenor there.So if there was a problem with VoxATC and the installed A pack, VoxATC has to be patched and not the A pack uninstalled. That's my point.You are of course right, if more guys report the VoxATC related problem (which I can't so far), some fix has to be made, no doubt.

Just to make clear it. This sentencewas referring to another developer (not user), recommending to uninstall the Acceleration pack to get rid of some bugs with his bird only. That should be an example of how "funny" some recommendations can be.As we all know, the A pack comes from Microsoft itself and implements some very standard FSX functions. If addons don't work with this standard, it can't be called a solution to change the standard then but to work on those faulty addons again. That's the tenor there.So if there was a problem with VoxATC and the installed A pack, VoxATC has to be patched and not the A pack uninstalled. That's my point.You are of course right, if more guys report the VoxATC related problem (which I can't so far), some fix has to be made, no doubt.
CoolIP, sorry, I though you were referring to a dev that recommended to disable this for avoiding problems on VoxATC instead of a dev of another app.I agree with you, removing Acceleration is not an option. Nonetheless, the suggestion of clarkey06 is most appreciated indeed, as it provides pointers to what the problem may be.

I just wanted to add that this is happening with any single AI traffic pushback. I just tried to set my own flight on different airports and I'm having the same issue everywhere.It's sad but for me this is not acceptable, I really liked VoxATC, but this issue + the other one I had (loosing contact during approach) made me change my mind about buying VoxATC. Of course, not everybody is experiencing this issue, so this is probably a conflict with another 3rd party add-on or like suggested, the fact of having the Acceleration pack installed ?. If these issues get fixed, I will definitely consider buying it in the future, but I just cannot go ahead and buy it with the problems I'm currently experiencing.I would to see if the dev can find the source of this issue I'm having, but I'm not buying until getting the desired results, or at the very least promised a refund if this doesn't get resolved. Every single AI traffic plane crashing into terminals instead of being pushed back, not good. Let's hope that the developer can reply back after the holidays. I actually got a response from him regarding the FO problem I recently reported (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322413-first-officer-problem/).I would like to try RC4 + MCE, but unfortunately there's no RC demo available.

I have never seen this AI behaviour in any VoxATC version.I use FSX Acceleration and My Traffic X 5.3.I have no knowledge of WOAI, but is it possible for you to disable WOAI and use FSX default AI to test this problem?

I have no knowledge of WOAI, but is it possible for you to disable WOAI and use FSX default AI to test this problem?
Already tried that as well. The same happens with the default FSX AI traffic planes by completely removing WOAI. Thanks for the suggestion though ;). I was taking a look at RC4 features and didn't like the way they handle SID and STARS. I would really love to solve this as I really like the way SID and STARS are handled on VoxATC using Navigraph data.

I have never seen this AI behaviour in any VoxATC version.I use FSX Acceleration and My Traffic X 5.3.I have no knowledge of WOAI, but is it possible for you to disable WOAI and use FSX default AI to test this problem?
Unfortunately I must report that the incidents listed by amazeika has recently happened to me as well.This is very strange as this never happened during beta test of this VoxATC version.