Sign in to follow this  
airindia16

Free Flight Speed

Hi guys,I have noticed that often times when I begin a free flight in FSX, it seems like the aircraft has the throttles set to a particular level. In other words, the first thing I usually have to do is quickly pause the game and reduce the throttle all the way and place the parking brakes on. So my question is whether or not anyone else experiences this unsual "problem" and if there is a solution or explanation why this is the case. Could there be any link between it and maybe the autothrottle being left on from some previous flight? And just fyi, I start my flights at a gate, so it is preferable to not begin by crashing into the terminals. I know that you can start the game with the ATC window open, but can you begin with the parking brake on?Thanks a lot!airindia16

Select a default plane, the 172 works well for this. Then go into the sim, on a runway. ramp etc. Set the 172 for whatever you want, engine off, brakes set etc, then save it. The next time you launch the sim, it will retain those settings. Select the plane you want and you should be good to go.

Jay

Select a default plane, the 172 works well for this. Then go into the sim, on a runway. ramp etc. Set the 172 for whatever you want, engine off, brakes set etc, then save it. The next time you launch the sim, it will retain those settings. Select the plane you want and you should be good to go.
If I understand correctly, what you are suggesting would have to be done every time you are ready to shutdown FSX. Is that correct?

If I understand correctly, what you are suggesting would have to be done every time you are ready to shutdown FSX. Is that correct?
No, just set it as the default plane, then when you open FS it will be there, just select the plane you want from there.

Jay

No, just set it as the default plane, then when you open FS it will be there, just select the plane you want from there.
Ah that makes sense. So just get the 172, and set it like I would like to start up any other plane, save it as default and then any other aircraft flown in free flight will retain those settings?Thank you very much!!airindia16

So does that mean I would have to fly from that location to retain those settings? I can't save it as default from that location, and then say, do a free flight in a completly different place, aircraft, conditions, etc. and still retain those settings (such as parking brake on and throttles at 0%)?

Guest wims

If you like to edit files instead you can edit FSX\Flights\other\FLTSIM.FLT with your favorite text editor and change the lines ThrottleLeverPct=PropellerLeverPct=MixtureLeverPct=to ThrottleLeverPct=0.0PropellerLeverPct=0.0MixtureLeverPct=0.0There are many other things in that file that you can change as well, for example BatterySwitch or AvionicSwitch