Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Is FSGlobal Ultimate Terrain Mesh Any Good

I see where FSGlobal Ultimate Mesh was recently released on 12 DVDs, including a "tool to fix airport errors" caused by the mesh, supposedly by adjusting airport elevations. Of course there aren't any before and after photos of the tool at work, and even more suspicious is the fact that they don't call them "airport plateau" errors, like everyone else does. :( Does anyone have any of their products, and does this tool work? Is the mesh as good as FSGenesis' mesh? I already have a lifetime membership at FSGenesis so I've supported him as much as I can, but I'm am absolutely horrified lately with the look of my beautiful payware versions of KDEN, KLAS, etc. when using FSGenesis and I don't see too many fixes coming out of his shop for this yet. And yes, I AM considering spending another 80 bucks to rid myself of plateaus in FS9 one by one, if I have to.I own Airport Facilitator X (AFX) and have tried to reduce the elevation of the AFCADs in both KLAS and KDEN in AFX on each of these aiports, but I don't see that that has any effect on lowering the scenery plateau, unless I'm missing something.As always, Thanks guys. Happy New Year!

Hi Chuck,I don't know anything about the software in question, but I assume you're talking about FSDT KLAS, and if so, there's a fix for that available from the FSDT forums. Do a search for "acropolis" in the FS9 - KLAS support forum, you'll find a link to a file about 3 pages into the thread. I think it was "FJMike" from this forum that made the fix in SBuilder. I use it with all the FSGenesis payware stuff including 19m mesh for Nevada and it works great.Also is that Imaginesim KDEN that you're also having plateau issues with?Jim

Yes, on both counts, Jim. Wow -- it's like you're sitting right next to me, looking straight at my sim! :(

I've got the same issues Chuck :( . Here's the file that'll fix KLAS, this link should take you right to the post for "acropolis.zip".http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1697.msg13938#msg13938On the Imaginesim Denver thing that scenery makes a rediculously huge flatten in the scenery.cfg which you may try getting rid of. I'm sure the flatten was intended to be used with default mesh, so possibly you'll see an improvement with the FSGenesis mesh. I disabled my Imaginesim KDEN when I was making Stapleton a couple years back because it was killing my frame rates from 12 miles away :( . I should get it out and reinstall it.Jim

Thanks, Jim. With your one post half of my flight sim problems are solved! If only life were that way!! :( As I write this, I'm working on a possible solution/reduction for the KDEN plateau from a suggestion made to me by Opa Marshall. I'll post back here and let you know my results.Thanks again! --