Sign in to follow this  
Blue73

Nice little addition to the MD-11

Hi,Installed a second graphics card in the PC then connected a small 8 inch touchscreen LCD and moved the MCDU to it. Sits just beyond my my throttle levers so I can rest my hand there and use my fingers to operate the unit.I know its nothing new but helps to improve the realism.

Hi,Installed a second graphics card in the PC then connected a small 8 inch touchscreen LCD and moved the MCDU to it. Sits just beyond my my throttle levers so I can rest my hand there and use my fingers to operate the unit.I know its nothing new but helps to improve the realism.
If you have space enough on the touchscreen, you can place both MCDu´s there and operate them independently... So do I on a 12`` touchscreen, its really an addition to the MD11.Have fun !Steffen Rabenau

I didn't think of that, thank you!Do you know if there is a way to have fsx remember the panel positions or do you manually drag them to your touch screen for each flight?cheersJohn

Any framerate hit in that configuration?

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

I cannot detect any frame drop even with two CDU's running. I'm very conscious of anything that reduces my fps and this has no perceivable effect. The screen is only 800x600 and it's powered by an ATI 5770, the renderer should be able to draw very quickly to that display.

I can´t find a setting that FSX remembers the position of windows, so its part of the flight preparation to drag the two MCDU to the touchscreen. No hit on the framerates to see on my mid quality system...RegardsSteffen

Hi John,I have been looking at this setup for a while. What type of screen is it, how much did it cost, where did you buy it from and finally, is it connected by USB rather than a cable to the rear of the video card?Thanks in advance.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

It's just a screen I picked up from eBay (around $160 USD). It has a VGA port and uses USB for the touch screen.If I run an MFD on it I see some performance loss, my PMDG gauge update rate is 10 fps. But if I use it for the CDU's I see no performance loss.cheersJohn

It's just a screen I picked up from eBay (around $160 USD). It has a VGA port and uses USB for the touch screen.If I run an MFD on it I see some performance loss, my PMDG gauge update rate is 10 fps. But if I use it for the CDU's I see no performance loss.cheersJohn
Thanks JohnAndrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I can´t find a setting that FSX remembers the position of windows, so its part of the flight preparation to drag the two MCDU to the touchscreen. No hit on the framerates to see on my mid quality system...RegardsSteffen
Is there a way to save the panel config with the MD-11? Maybe you could try it to see if it saves the panel locations?

Do you need any software ( like for example touchbudy) to run this touch screen ?Thanks