Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

Upgraded my computer

Hi everybody I finished upgrading my computer yesterday. It was my first time installing all that kind of hardware (CPU, Cooler, RAM, everything!). Had some hard time with the case(too small) and the H70 water cooler :(. I also had some problems to install Windows 7 that is on my old hard drive to work with the new mobo. But I managed to get it working somehow (I didn't know anything about bios setting too :(). And now it's asking me to reactivate W7. Here are some pictures and benchmarking I was doing. I overclocked it up to 3.840 Ghz and it was looking OK despite the high temperature (up to 85°C at 100% load). I'm a bit disappointed with FSX because I hardly get 25fps with the Level-d 767 at VHHX (Flytampa) with all the settings on ultrahigh. But my GPU is not that great I guess. So do you guys think I can go up to 4.0 Ghz? Today I was getting around 65°C at full load.I lost one blade of my GPU fan so it's making a lof of noise. I just took it of because I have 7 fan running in the case. It's very quiet despite that. dsc00674x.jpgdsc00688sx.jpgdsc00692u.jpgdsc00691u.jpgmypc3.jpgmypc4.jpgmypc5.jpgmypc6.jpgmypc2.jpgmypcw.jpgI used the gigabyte software Easytune6 because I don't know much about Overclocking yet. :(

Congradulations!!!!I just built a new system myself. Still working out the bugs. :( Billy Bob

You should be able to get to 4 GHZ with no problem. I noticed your voltage is way too high on your CPU. Have you tweaked your BIOS settings yet? You shouldn't be running that hot at all, especially with water cooling. One thing you need to remember to disable is Hyper-threading. It's notorious for driving up the temp. It looks like yours is enabled. You and I almost have the same set up and I'm running mine at 4.02 GHZ...barely touches 58c with a full load and I'm using air cooling.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

You should be able to get to 4 GHZ with no problem. I noticed your voltage is way too high on your CPU. Have you tweaked your BIOS settings yet? You shouldn't be running that hot at all, especially with water cooling. One thing you need to remember to disable is Hyper-threading. It's notorious for driving up the temp. It looks like yours is enabled. You and I almost have the same set up and I'm running mine at 4.02 GHZ...barely touches 58c with a full load and I'm using air cooling.
No I haven't tweaked anything related to the CPU on the BIOS setting. But I just use the program named Easytune6 which come with my motherboard to do the overclocking. I read somewhere that if I disable the HT i would get lower temperatures but it would slow 3d softwares. In my bios setting I'm only the option to enable or disable Multi-threading. Is that the same?

Yes, Multi-Thread = Hyper Thread

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Yes, Multi-Thread = Hyper Thread
Ok. I see, thank you.