Sign in to follow this  
Kraftyy

New computer on sunday :)

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5GHz (Will push to 5.4 5.5 if i can)Corsair H70 CPU CoolerGigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P Motherboard8GB Corsair Dominator PC12800AMD Radeon 6970 CrossfireOCZ 50GB PCI-E x4 SSDWD 1TB Black Sata6Thermaltake 1000-watt PSUCooler Master HAF 932Sold my 970, 1366 mobo, and ram to help pay for this new build. and yes the 2600k destroys both the 970 and 980x

and yes the 2600k destroys
pretty bold statement but I hope its true as I am going to build my first computer(self built one that is)Gonna have a 2600K with a Nvidia 460 4gb of ramDo you think 650Watts is enough power? I think it is.Taylor Oldham

Whoa!!! that sucker should fly eh? Is the 2600k released?

Whoa!!! that sucker should fly eh? Is the 2600k released?
Sunday it will beTaylor Oldham

Sunday it will beTaylor Oldham
Yummy!!! Look forward to an update on how it runs! compared to an I7950. Congrats! :(

Yummy!!! Look forward to an update on how it runs! compared to an I7950. Congrats! :(
I will post an update on it, if no one else does, but it wont be for at least a week until I doTaylor Oldham

I will post an update on it, if no one else does, but it wont be for at least a week until I doTaylor Oldham
Apears to be a lot of hype about it! Cant wait to hear how it is. I will be just about due for an upgrade in the spring I think.

I'll be at MC Sunday morning hoping to get a 2500K. Really hoping they don't run out before I get to the front of the line. lol

What I don't get is why are these new chips so cheap in comparison to say, my I7 950, which was 800$ just a year ago? I hear the 2600k is going for something like 350$ USD. I may be wrong however.

What I don't get is why are these new chips so cheap in comparison to say, my I7 950, which was 800$ just a year ago? I hear the 2600k is going for something like 350$ USD. I may be wrong however.
Ya it worries me too. 276 on sale at my local microcenter.

I believe it's because the s1155 stuff (Sandy Bridge) are the mainstream chips. Similar to the current 5xxx-8XX series stuff. I think Ivy Bridge, which is supposed to be out later this year, is going to be the high-end performance chips, which would be replacing your 950 and the rest of the 9XX series chips. I could be WAY wrong, that's just how I've understood it.Regardless, the 25/2600K chips are one heck of a deal.

I believe it's because the s1155 stuff (Sandy Bridge) are the mainstream chips. Similar to the current 5xxx-8XX series stuff. I think Ivy Bridge, which is supposed to be out later this year, is going to be the high-end performance chips, which would be replacing your 950 and the rest of the 9XX series chips. I could be WAY wrong, that's just how I've understood it.Regardless, the 25/2600K chips are one heck of a deal.
Are those still 1155 socket or they gonna change up the socket again?Taylor Oldham

Are those still 1155 socket or they gonna change up the socket again?Taylor Oldham
New socket I believe, s2011.

Ahhh ok. The 2600k is supposed to top the 980x if I'm not mistaken. I will be keeping my eye on these chips.

Guest acezboy561

Be sure to do some benchmarking :D