Guest nzch2010
Just flown from SAEZ->SBGR (São Paulo) and on approach and landing the depiction was perfect. Unlike Stephan I was not having problems with en-route weather. So it seems, for me that the latest version of FSUIPC has solved it. Thanks once again Julian!Jack
Good one Jack. CheersJulian

I'm glad I saw this thread since I am a Smooth Cloud Transition user as well.I hadn't been having issues with my destination winds until lately and the only thing I have done different is purchased FSUIPC just to use its wind smoothing. While that is working well, I have noticed that my destination winds lately, but not always have been way off.For example tonight I did a short hop from KSEA to KPDX and the winds at KSEA matched up with what ASE was reporting, when I got to KPDX ASE and Flightaware indicated winds of 180/10kts. FSX atc indicated winds of 355/15 kts as well as Shift Z showing the same thing.It wasn't until about 5 minutes after I landed that the winds finally updated to the correct direction and speed that ASE was reporting.Because of this I am now wondering if my version of FSUIPC which is version 4.6.0.0 can be causing the delay of in getting the winds right?I saw Julian's post above regarding the 4.661 version of FSUIPC and I am thinking about trying it. I went ahead and downloaded it and am wondering, do I just go ahead and drop that dll in and overwrite the old one and is there anything special I have to do besides that since it didn't come with an installer? I just dont want to mess up my ini or anything else regarding the paid features I am using.Thanks in advance, I am interested to try the new version since it seemed to have cleared up Jack's problem.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm glad I saw this thread since I am a Smooth Cloud Transition user as well.I hadn't been having issues with my destination winds until lately and the only thing I have done different is purchased FSUIPC just to use its wind smoothing. While that is working well, I have noticed that my destination winds lately, but not always have been way off.For example tonight I did a short hop from KSEA to KPDX and the winds at KSEA matched up with what ASE was reporting, when I got to KPDX ASE and Flightaware indicated winds of 180/10kts. FSX atc indicated winds of 355/15 kts as well as Shift Z showing the same thing.It wasn't until about 5 minutes after I landed that the winds finally updated to the correct direction and speed that ASE was reporting.Because of this I am now wondering if my version of FSUIPC which is version 4.6.0.0 can be causing the delay of in getting the winds right?I saw Julian's post above regarding the 4.661 version of FSUIPC and I am thinking about trying it. I went ahead and downloaded it and am wondering, do I just go ahead and drop that dll in and overwrite the old one and is there anything special I have to do besides that since it didn't come with an installer? I just dont want to mess up my ini or anything else regarding the paid features I am using.Thanks in advance, I am interested to try the new version since it seemed to have cleared up Jack's problem.You will not mess anything up by placing the new version in your modules folder. In fact you should periodically check Pete Dowson's page and update as appropriate. When Pete is satisfied that everything for his version is OK, it will come with an installer.Bob Johnson

Thanks Bob.It took me a second to see your reply since you wrote inside my quote, but I went ahead and over wrote the existing module with the beta one and repeated the flight that I did last night and the destination winds were correct this time.Frankly, I wouldn't have thought that FSUIPC could have been the cause of my problem, but in this case it appears so, although I have only tested it on one flight. I will see what happens after a few more flights.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Quite frankly, I am surprised to see Jim answering as if this is the first time he hears about it. It has been brought to his attention numerous times and if I am correct Jim has said that destination winds are based on global weather.In most cases, if you check the winds using shift+Z when you start your descent, you quite well know which runway ATC will assign. It will be based on the wind FSX is showing. The local wind may be opposite (as reported by ASE), you will only see that wind in FSX after touchdown. Then, AI starts using the correct runway. It is all related to the user winds, not destination wind.In that respect, I wonder what the use of entering the flightplan is. Initially I thought it would also help getting the destination wind correct, but obviously that is not the case.I do not recall ASA having these issues, but ASE does.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Menno,I treat these forums separate from the HiFi forums and please notice my suggestions have been the same in both places and nowhere do I state or imply this is the first time I have heard about this situation.No, destination winds are not based on global weather. Destination winds are based on the data at the destination airport. Now what FS ATIS reports and RC USED to report can be a different situation.And if destination winds are slow to adjust, the same suggestion has been made here and at the HiFi forum, my post #7 and user post #15.

Hello,Today Pete Dowson has released a new update for FSUIPC, which he does do quite regularly. I am not sure whether this will have any effect on weather depiction, but most updates to FSUIPC seem to have improvements rather than making situations worse. I have been using 4.661 (up until today) as recommended by Julian in an earlier post which removed the problem of not having correct destination winds. I will be flying using 4.663, the latest version tonight, and will keep checking this board: http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/ regularly to check for updates.Hope this helps,Jack