Sign in to follow this  
TC1

ATIS Issue

How to you restore the default FS9 ATIS? For the past couple of flights I have been using RC4, so I disabled ATIS. I am currently learning a new flight model and I would like to restore ATIS until I am comfortable with the new package. I did restore the ATC option of FS9, check all three boxes, and I did restore the ATC sound options. But as of right now I have neither sound or the display available to me in FS9.ThanksTom

How to you restore the default FS9 ATIS? For the past couple of flights I have been using RC4, so I disabled ATIS. I am currently learning a new flight model and I would like to restore ATIS until I am comfortable with the new package. I did restore the ATC option of FS9, check all three boxes, and I did restore the ATC sound options. But as of right now I have neither sound or the display available to me in FS9.ThanksTom
as long as fs9's controller option are set, if the volume is set right, you should hear atis. is the radio dialed into the right frequency?look in the fsuipc.ini file, in the \modules directory.look for a line that says removeATC. is it there? does it say removeATC=YES? if so, try changing YES to NOyou'll have to restart fs9 after all these suggestions.jd

Thanks JD!Your hint that "you'll have to restart fs9 after all these suggestions" was most likely the cause of my error.ThanksTom

JDI'm still having a problem. ATIS will work with some airports and Aircraft, but not others. Using the FS9 disks, is there a way to reload the ATIS segment of the program without having to do a full reinstall of the software package?Tom

JDI'm still having a problem. ATIS will work with some airports and Aircraft, but not others. Using the FS9 disks, is there a way to reload the ATIS segment of the program without having to do a full reinstall of the software package?Tom
i originally misunderstood your question. you want to hear ms atc and ms atis? if thats the case, turn the volume sliders for those up (not down), and make sure they are checked in fs. i thought you wanted them off, because you are using rc.rc doesn't really determine/care what ms atis or ms atc does, how loud it is, etc. it runs outside of fs. if fs isn't working right, and the config changes don't make it right, you may just have to reinstall it.jd

JD,I understand the retuning of the volumne controls. My problem is with either the FS9 default or RC4 Weather ATIS active I am only receiving partial information. That is in example with FS9, at a gate or a runway, I should be able to select the FS9 ATC/ATIS option by pushing the "~" key. Some of the time I will receive both an audio and visual read back of FS9 ATIS report, or I will receive nothing at all. In the case of RC4 by selecting the weather feed back option I also receive a hit or miss reporting. I think that I may need to reload the ATIS portion of the FS9 software package, but I really don't want to do a complete reload of the entire package.Tom

First check for conflicting keyboard assignments in any add-ons you are running.Next is RC on your FS machine or are you running RC on a networked pc.Finally, what add-ons are running with FS9 and RC. Do you experience this problem with default FS9 aircraft or just add-on more complex aircraft. What weather and traffic add-ons are you running if any. Any cockpit crew programs running?The fact that FS9 and RC4 are experiencing the same behavior intermittently leads me to believe you are experiencing some kind of performance problem. In either FS or RC if you request weather again do you get it? Does it occur only at add-on airports or default airports as well.Before starting a flight look at the RC controller page to check the ATIS/Weather frequency at a troubled airport and reply here. Also see if your radios will tune to that frequency.

JD,I understand the retuning of the volumne controls. My problem is with either the FS9 default or RC4 Weather ATIS active I am only receiving partial information. That is in example with FS9, at a gate or a runway, I should be able to select the FS9 ATC/ATIS option by pushing the "~" key. Some of the time I will receive both an audio and visual read back of FS9 ATIS report, or I will receive nothing at all. In the case of RC4 by selecting the weather feed back option I also receive a hit or miss reporting. I think that I may need to reload the ATIS portion of the FS9 software package, but I really don't want to do a complete reload of the entire package.Tom
i know of no way to reinstall the atis portion of fs9.let's define what the problem is, because i'm now lost.you have fs9, and you have rc.how is the "~" key generating atis info?if you run fs9, all by itself, does atis work? if not, rc isn't involved, and i'm afraid the fs9 install is hosed, and you need to uninstall, and install itif you run fs9 and rc, then you need to turn the volume for fs9 atc to 0 (don't diable it). then when you choose atis, or dial in the atis frequency, rc will give you the atis info. is that happening? not happening? we can fix that.running rc and fs9 with the atc volume turned up is going to sound very messy and confusing.jd

Ron/JDI reinstalled RC4 it now appears to be working correctly, I am now receiving weather reports. To test I used both the default and payware airports and aircrafts. Both worked under RC4 in any combination. JD, thank you for answering my base question if it was possible to reload the ATIS portion of FS9 without having to go through a complete reinstall of the program. If you do not a solution about reloading the FS9 ATIS portion of FS9, then I most likely will need to reinstall FS9. Since I was having a problem with both RC4 and FS9 I thought that you may have seen a similair problem before and may have known a work around.Thank you both againTom