Sign in to follow this  
Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

Airports in FSX have no aeorbridges!

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

Do I need to turn scenery complexity to max???? There aren't the 'detailed' airports in FSX which the web site claims.

i set the scenery comlexity to dense and its ok. try different and bigger airports

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
i set the scenery comlexity to dense and its ok. try different and bigger airports
I tried a few biggiesLondonLas VegasKLGAI'll try more...

I tried a few biggiesLondonLas VegasKLGAI'll try more...
If you don't want to always have to run FSX with your Scenery Complexity slider set to Dense, Very Dense, or Extremely Dense to see the jetways, you can always use the freeware tool ADEX and open the airport you want to modify, find the jetways, change their profile to show at Normal scenery complexity and then recompile the airport and drop it in your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.In the past I had to do this with a few airports that were in very FPS hungry areas like New York city. I didn't mind turning the scenery complexity slider down when flying into KJFK to save some FPS, but I hated loosing the jetways. So what I did was open that airport in ADEX and set the majority of the jetways near where I usually park to show at "Normal" scenery complexity or higher. Then I was able to still see the jetways when using Normal or Dense settings, but also gave me the FPS gain by removing some of the other random buildings.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

wow great info, thanks.so is it possible to make jetways shown all airport at normal settings? or we have to do one by one?

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

wow great info, thanks.so is it possible to make jetways shown all airport at normal settings? or we have to do one by one?
Yeah, you would have to edit each airport file to make them available at Normal density.Persuming that you dont have to turn your settings down for all airports/areas, just start doing the airports you use the most that are in areas that you need to reduce settings. If you fly airliners mostly, then work on the top 10 airports that you fly into, then after those are done do another 10, etc. It's not hard, but its a little time consuming since you have to edit each jetway one at a time since there isn't a way to select them all at once to edit at one time.BTW, doing what I explaining will only work with the default FSX airports and not addon airports. Addon airports generally use a seperate bgl/model for the jetways and isn't able to be modified thru ADEX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

i like to fly different countries and airports, i decide where to fly by looking google earth :)but thanks anyway. i can use it at least at LTBA and LTACedit: i couldn't link for adex

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Thanks for the tip. It's just this NET.Framework issue that prevents it from running on my PC. I've always flown over some of the world's major airports, and from my observation, almost all airports, including EDDF and the other, less detailed airports such as Sherementyevo, are lacking seriously in jetways for several areas of the airport. The default scenery for Soekarno-Hatta, however, already includes jetways, although not dynamic, yet still more accurately placed. ADEX however helps out in adding those jetways. In very lacking-in-detail airports such as KEWR, the simple task would be to resize the terminal into a far more accurate shape so that the jetways fit. Dave.