Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

Any thoughts on this Antec PSU

Hey guys,I had a PC Power&Cooling 750 that gave up on me last night after 3 years of service. Luckily it's still under warranty so I will RMA it when I get some time.In the meanwhile, I'd like to get a new PSU as I'm slowly buying parts to a new system. The Corsair HX 1000 looks promising as well as the the Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000.1000w is what I'm looking for but would like to keep it under $200 at the same time. On Newegg the Corsair is currently $220 and the CM is $200. Then I kept browsing and found this Antec for $170. Seems to have to good reviews. Wondered if anyone around here has experience with it.I see the the Corsair has a mail-in-rebate that will bring the overall cost to $200 so I may go with that one just based on reputation. But any thoughts would be appreciated.Rob

Rob Simmons

Haha one vote for the Antec and one for the CM. And Alex, I found the CM because I saw you had one in your sig. lol I'll be making a purchase tomorrow so any more voters feel free to chime in. Thanks.Oh... and Max, I see you have an Antec in your sig so both votes are actually biased... :wink: Rob

Rob Simmons

Wow! Max, you have a pretty good o/c and overall system on a 650w PSU. Do I even need 1000w?I need to make a sig but I'm running FS9 on WinXP with a Core2 E6850 (3.0 o/c to 3.6) and a 8800 GTX. I have about 600 addon sceneries, FSGlobal, Ultimate terrain, REX, tons of AI etc... FS9 fully customized, all sliders maxed and limit my frames to 45fps. Not a stutter anywhere.I'm having second thoughts on FSX, thinking ahead about the task (and costs) of bringing it up to par. I want to wait and see what the new MS Flight will bring before I commit myself. Rob

Rob Simmons

Wow! Max, you have a pretty good o/c and overall system on a 650w PSU.
Thanks.
Do I even need 1000w?
If you ever want to run multiple high-end graphics cards and OC the snot out of a high TDP CPU you'll need more than what I've got, otherwise a quality 650W-750W unit is enough for most everyone's needs.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to go look thru some more sigs on the forum and make a decision in a few hours. Thanks again.Rob

Rob Simmons