Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

LGA 1155 - No Socket Burn Issue

Remember those reports of "issues" with socket 1155 much like those found with some early socket 1156 boards? The single board that was observed to have burnt pins has been verified by Gigabyte to be a faulty board that was incorrectly sent to the reviewer that noted the issue. According to a spokesman "Our testing involves overclocking and other various tests to which no motherboard should normally be exposed – we’re basically testing durability, and durability is determined when the board dies." You can read more here.

Thanks <_<

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Don't understand how 140W bloomfield processors which overclocked can draw in excess of 200W have never suffered from this, when low voltage 95W CPUs are suffering from this.
Did you not read the quote or follow the link? Your statement is untrue. This was a board used by Gigabyte expressly for the purpose of killing it. It saw conditions that no 1155 board will ever see in the field. There is no problem here.

Maybe.
Where's the problem then? Show me a single other example of an 1155 board that has burnt pins on the socket. You can't, because there aren't any others floating around in public.

There are thousands of 1155 boards in the wild and only one of them has this problem, and that board was purposely ruined by the manufacturer and mistakenly sent to a reviewer. If you want to play the "well, something bad could happen" game you're welcome to, but it's going to get lonely in that giant plastic bubble after awhile.

...The technology can always go wrong and is not always 100%.
And what do you suggest that we would do about that??? Not buying or using products that are based on some kind of technology?IMO you have to trust Asus and other companies that they deliver quality products. If you buy new mobos, you do know that you might have BIOS issues. Smart people will wait some time until the dust have settled. I'm very greatful that there are so many daredevils around :Applause:I believe that the initial reports of SB CPUs going up in smoke was caused by amateurs that didn't have any knowledge of the Intel specs for the new SB CPUs. They used the BIOS settings and voltages they previously used for the Core i7/Nehalem CPUs. But the dust will settle. I'm very greatful that there are so many daredevils around :Applause:

Guest veeray
I believe that the initial reports of SB CPUs going up in smoke was caused by amateurs that didn't have any knowledge of the Intel specs for the new SB CPUs. They used the BIOS settings and voltages they previously used for the Core i7/Nehalem CPUs. But the dust will settle. I'm very greatful that there are so many daredevils around :Applause:
Yes but it allowed a chance to speculate... isn't that what matters around here? I'm with you I will never be the first to adopt anything, A: I want it when I want it ,don't care to chase down parts B: There's always something wrong with the first product of any new architecture, and that's not even questionable these days...heating issues alone require at least one revision,

Truth is there's no reason to panic. There're some BIOS related issues that are easily solved with an upgrade and/or a clear CMOS, but SB's chips are not bursting into flames neither are LGA1155 sockets.This socket thing didn't even deserve a thread here since as stated, it was not a user induced problem

That is your statement, as there are thousands of people that have upgrade their system around the world and not all of them come on the forum to come up with this problem.You repair PC's everyday and you have not come across anything like that yet, but there is always a possiblility. The technology can always go wrong and is not always 100%.
Is it safe to assume then that all the rest of the 775, 1156, 1366, AM2, AM3 etc. sockets might also be having problems? It could be that no one is posting either.I'm more inclined to think that no one is posting because such things are not happening. Might as well start a thread claiming the sky is falling, but you don't know yet because no one has posted about it in the forums.