Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nytracon

Any thoughts on this CTD sbmod10.dll?

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: FSX.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: sbmod10.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4889333a Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00242463 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033

Guest jahman

sbmod10.dll is a Squawk Box module. Try uninstalling/reinstalling Squawk Box.Cheers,- jahman.

After some searching, I found that renaming the Squawkbox folder under fsx/aircraft (i think) fixed the problem. Also, running SB outside of FSX was also suggested. So far, I made one complete long haul flight without any problems.

After some searching, I found that renaming the Squawkbox folder under fsx/aircraft (i think) fixed the problem. Also, running SB outside of FSX was also suggested. So far, I made one complete long haul flight without any problems.

Im having a similiar problem and i've tried everything for weeks from editing my FSX.cfg and .xml files to reinstalling Fsx and squawk box but when i first start up FSX after installing Squawkbox 4, i can allow the first 2 .dll's (which are sbtrans10.dll and sbaicontrol10.dll) but then the last box pops up asking me to allow the sbmod10.dll and it just crashes from there and i have to force close fsx.

• I have tried installing SB4 with different combinations of Service Packs
  • I have Tried in the FSX.cfg under 'Trusted' adding the sbmod10.dll
  • Ive tried different versions of Simconnect
  • Ive tried other peoples .cfg's and .xml

FSX runs perfect without it and all addons are fine but with Squawkbox i can do a thing.

Help Me Please!

My Specs:

Processor: Intel I5-4670 CPI @3.40GHz

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Hz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition 2GB

I'm going to assume for a second that you are using some sort of anti-virus program.  If that's the case, try making an exception for Squawkbox, so the anti-virus doesn't mess with it.  Is your FSX installed to the program files folder?  If so, that could be part of your problem as well.  I'm just spit-balling here, but they would be relatively easy fixes so it's worth a shot. 

You should also take a look at the Crash to Desktop guide, here:

http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/

Hope you get it worked out.
Cheers.  :smile:

Edit:  Just FYI, the topic you posted to is about 3 years old.  It's great that you search through the forum for answers to your questions, as that's its' purpose, but for future reference, you'll be best served by creating a new topic with any questions you may have.

Thanks for the fast reply, in the end i resorted to wiping my hard drive fully and reinstalling windows 7 and it all works!

I can only guess it was a deep registry problem as i had already disable all antivirus and firewalls (and ALOT of other stuff) but still nothing.

Thanks for your help

Cheers  :smile: