Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAD

Reality XP WX500 implementation

hi, was looking for this over at the reality xp forum and got some 'hint' but am not too familiar with editing panel.cfg files. did anybody here ever tried (successfully) to add the WX500 to the 747 panel as overlay, i.e. not popup windows. Like described here for the old 737NG.. WX500 integrationphil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322104-realityxp-wx500-radar/Same cockpit, same plane, same numbers. Seriously, like I said in the other post: copy the panel.cfg and paste it in the same folder as a backup. Try the numbers. If they don't work, try to adjust them a little to meet the end goal. If, in the end, you ruin your panel.cfg, delete the one you worked on, and replace it with the copied version.

Glad to see you're giving it a shot. Sorry for the pushiness, but one, PMDG doesn't support mods, so I don't want to test that boundary (and also violate any of the legal agreements as part of the product), and two, I don't have the RXP weather radar, so I can't actually try it on my own to provide you numbers.