Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bliksimpie

REX snowy textures and ORBX runways

I am using the current REX OD textures and also use the snowy runway textures.These just do look brilliant at all the default airports.asduw.jpgHowever the ORBX runways do not display these snowy runways. asey.jpgAny idea if I am maybe doing something wrong or is it just one of those thingsWould be really nice to also have these snowy runways at ORBX airports especially in PNW where snow is very much a reality. ORBX summer textures is absolutely the best but now the runways look a bit bland against the default runways. I hope it is something I am doing wrong and that I can actually have the Rex snowy runway textures also in ORBX or maybe ORBX can release a set of snowy runways if the ORBX and REX cant work together to make the textures gel.

Ahh found the problem. Over eagerness of a few fellas.! The ORBX airport staff at the ORBX airports in PNW do clean the runways every morning with hot water and salt.--EDITGeesh, no i am not being sarcastic, was said with some tongue in cheek.

Ahh found the problem. Over eagerness of a few fellas.! The ORBX airport staff at the ORBX airports in PNW do clean the runways every morning with hot water and salt.--EDITGeesh, no i am not being sarcastic, was said with some tongue in cheek.
I can't get my Orbyx guys out to shovel sh*%! I am also using the REX HD runway textures and Orbyx scenery but haven't had problems.Here's a shot of Comox (CYQQ) from PNW where you can make out snow on the edges of the runway:a0ywcn.jpgand here is one at CYYD (Smithers, BC) from NRM:e969fs.jpgSorry but I don't have any suggestions other than loading the REX textures again. Perhaps your could try over at the REX or Orbyx forum for some help.Good luck!Brent