Sign in to follow this  
PelicanHazard

Blooming repaint

Hi,I recently downloaded a repaint off of the file library for the Nemeth EC-135. When I went to load it in FSX, I got this:2la92j5.jpgLight bloom is turned on, but it's not a problem for any of my other repaints. Even other repaints for the EC-135. I've tried deleting the files in the texture folder named "*_spec.dds" and copying a texture.cfg file from a repaint that works, but I can't get the problem to go away. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hey PelicanHazard Ive done a few repaints for the EC-135 myself and i made note of this phenomenon in my readme'sNotes: DX9 users who wish to run with there Bloom setting on while using this repaint must rename/remove the Fresnel_ramp.dds file from the texture.vhesc dir (in your case replace this dir with the one for the repaint you have the problem with) before using with this custom repaint as the EC-135 will glow quite badly if not.This due to a problem with the EC-135's model and how it handles Fresnel mapping under DX9 only nemeth designs can fix this problem!Hope that helps LatersGizmo