Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

This is driving me nuts

It's been bugging me for 4 days now and I finally decided to ask for help. I have fsx and all the world of ai planes are installed and they work fine. I just recently rediscovered project ai and they have some of the packages that world of ai don't have. I decided to install some pai packages so I can have the best of both worlds. It seemed like everything went fine in the pai package install and I can see the pai planes in the sim objects file and the traffic file shows in the scenery/ world/ scenery file but when I start fsx I still only have the world of ai planes. I also noticed in the same file that the woai packages have both an fs9 and fsx version. I also use aifp which I also think I screwed up by "playing" around with it to try and get it to work. I am asking anyone that has a way to make both companies to work together please share your knowledge, I hope I don't have to redo everything because there are over 500 world of ai packages! thanks

It's been bugging me for 4 days now and I finally decided to ask for help. I have fsx and all the world of ai planes are installed and they work fine. I just recently rediscovered project ai and they have some of the packages that world of ai don't have. I decided to install some pai packages so I can have the best of both worlds. It seemed like everything went fine in the pai package install and I can see the pai planes in the sim objects file and the traffic file shows in the scenery/ world/ scenery file but when I start fsx I still only have the world of ai planes. I also noticed in the same file that the woai packages have both an fs9 and fsx version. I also use aifp which I also think I screwed up by "playing" around with it to try and get it to work. I am asking anyone that has a way to make both companies to work together please share your knowledge, I hope I don't have to redo everything because there are over 500 world of ai packages! thanks
Are all the WoAI and PAI packages in one folder in your Simobjects? If I were to assume they are seperate Simobjects\Airplanes\WoAI and Simobjects\Airplanes\PAI then you must reflect this is your FSX.cfg where it would read something like:[MAIN]SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Airplanes\WoAI SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Airplanes\PAIThese are examples and wouldn't necessarily reflect which order number your SimObjectPaths.XX are. Ensure the numbers follow the proper order.

\Robert Hamlich/

no they are all in the same sim objects folder but each plane starts with pai or woai. I haven't done any tweaking to the cfg file. I don't know how to do that one.

Are all the WoAI and PAI packages in one folder in your Simobjects? If I were to assume they are seperate Simobjects\Airplanes\WoAI and Simobjects\Airplanes\PAI then you must reflect this is your FSX.cfg where it would read something like:[MAIN]SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Airplanes\WoAI SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Airplanes\PAI

Hi,Nothing needs to be adjusted with any file paths. Run one of the traffic converters and convert all your traffic .bgls to FSX format. FSX can render all FS9 types, FSX types, but not both at the same time.

my woai files are both fs9 and fsx and when I take out the fsx ones, nothing shows up. I even tried converting the fs9 pai files to fsx and they still don't show up. I guess when I use the woai installer it must install two files per airline package. If I convert my fs9 files will I have like over 1,000 files to move or delete, Will I have two fsx files and one fs9 files. I am hoping that is not the case. By the way, thank you for your quick replys.

Hi,There are not two sets of WOAI files that the WOAI installer puts in, so I am not sure what those are from.What are you using as a converter?Also you should not have any duplicate traffic files either.You might need to start over just with the traffic .bgls from both WOAI and PAI. The planes can stay in place.

Well I used aifp and was able to get everything working. I was afraid of converting everything and having to start over but it seems all is well. Thank you for you help, knew I came to the right place.

Good to hear, glad you got it all sorted out.

\Robert Hamlich/

well dam, now it doesn't work. I have two versions of each package in the scenery/ world/scenery file, do I need to take out all the fs9 versions so all I have in fsx versions or vice versa?. I don't know how I have one pai package working but 112 are not.

Good to hear, glad you got it all sorted out.

I also forgot to add that my world of ai planes are in the simobjects folder but the pai planes are in the misc folder, could that be it. I also don't have fs9, I only have fsx.