Sign in to follow this  
Pramod

Clearance & Taxiways

Or you could do something as simple as select fs menu and world/map, zoom in and see how to get to your runway ! :(

Actually in FS9 it is possible to utilise both ATC functions for the purpose you require.RC4 as the principal ATC function and the FS9 progressive taxi instruction where needed.It has been discussed in this forum before if you do a search.Otherwise as has been suggested get hold of the appropriate charts from the web and learn your way round your chosen airport.Chicago(KORD)is a good example.

What I do is load a flight plan in MSFS and ask for IFR clearance through MSFS (that way I can get a clearance even if it's IFR). Once I get my clearance for MSFS, I get my clearance from Radar Contact with the squawk code, etc. I then contact MSFS ground for taxi clearance to the runway (ask for the one you want). Once I get that, I can follow MSFS guidance or use the "follow me" truck I downloaded. Before I move though, I ask for taxi clearance from Radar Contact (make sure you ask for the same runway MSFS gave you. At the runway, get clearance to takeoff from MSFS, then from Radar Contact. Once your in the air, MSFS ATC will forget about you as you fly. RC will take over.In a nutshell, call MSFS on the ground first so you can get your ground clearance and taxi so you can follow it if you so desire.
Question for you with this setup then... BRILLIANT idea, since MSFS does have progressive/taxi instructions. But the problem I ran into when trying your idea is that MSFS ATC wouldn't respond because everytime I hit a button (1,2,3, etc), RC interpreted that as an input. Is there a way to get RC to ignore your inputs when you're trying to speak to MSFS? I tried closing the RC window, but then when I pressed a button it would make the "beep beep" phone call noise and reopen the RC window, and there would be no response from MSFS.Any help would be appreciated!Thanks,MattP.S.- I think RC is terrific and I completely understand why this feature isn't available!

You can set RC keys to combo sets that are non conflicting (including any any add-on) if you wish. See the keyboard assignments tab in RC. After you reassign RC keys you should restart it for the changes to take effect.

Question for you with this setup then... BRILLIANT idea, since MSFS does have progressive/taxi instructions. But the problem I ran into when trying your idea is that MSFS ATC wouldn't respond because everytime I hit a button (1,2,3, etc), RC interpreted that as an input. Is there a way to get RC to ignore your inputs when you're trying to speak to MSFS? I tried closing the RC window, but then when I pressed a button it would make the "beep beep" phone call noise and reopen the RC window, and there would be no response from MSFS.Any help would be appreciated!Thanks,MattP.S.- I think RC is terrific and I completely understand why this feature isn't available!
I use "Ctrl-Shift" for all my assignments.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png