Sign in to follow this  
stepell

Gear up, Pushback over 90°, QNH

Hello Bryan!I am using FS2Crew VC for LevelD almost from the first Day it was available and I am getting more and more familiar with it (especially the last 3 month's since I have my new PC).Still, some minor things happen on most (not all!) of my flights and I dont know why:1) When I command "Gear up", the FO is responding with "gear up" but he doesnt move the lever, so finally i have to do it(Is it somehow possible that this has something to do with my saved panel state which I use at startup at the Gate? Of course when saved Gear was DWN)2) Sometimes the Pushback doesnt stop, (I guess you are aware of that, because you mention it in the manual). Maybe its a coincidence but it only happened to me when the Angel is more than 90°. 3) From time to time the the FO stops working/responding at all during the flight (mostly at the end). Any Idea what could trigger such a behaviour?4) During cockpit prep. the FO sets the QNH. When flying online (IVAO) its not always the same QNH as i get from the METAR or what is told by ATCMy specs:Win7 Pro64 (with Vistalizator)Fs9.1LevelD, all Updates incl. Winglet updatefresh install since the PC is just 3 month oldMaybe you have some Ideas...thanksStefan

Hello Bryan!I am using FS2Crew VC for LevelD almost from the first Day it was available and I am getting more and more familiar with it (especially the last 3 month's since I have my new PC).Still, some minor things happen on most (not all!) of my flights and I dont know why:1) When I command "Gear up", the FO is responding with "gear up" but he doesnt move the lever, so finally i have to do it(Is it somehow possible that this has something to do with my saved panel state which I use at startup at the Gate? Of course when saved Gear was DWN)2) Sometimes the Pushback doesnt stop, (I guess you are aware of that, because you mention it in the manual). Maybe its a coincidence but it only happened to me when the Angel is more than 90°. 3) From time to time the the FO stops working/responding at all during the flight (mostly at the end). Any Idea what could trigger such a behaviour?4) During cockpit prep. the FO sets the QNH. When flying online (IVAO) its not always the same QNH as i get from the METAR or what is told by ATCMy specs:Win7 Pro64 (with Vistalizator)Fs9.1LevelD, all Updates incl. Winglet updatefresh install since the PC is just 3 month oldMaybe you have some Ideas...thanksStefan
Hi Stefan,Make sure you install the latest update from the FS2Crew website (downloads section). That should cure #3.Gear up: Doubt it's the saved panel state, but you never know. Check that the Green Bar recognizer gear up and that you were in the right FS2Crew 'mode'. Follow the tutorial flight. Pushback not stopping: I think this is a MSFS bug... I'm not sure why it happens from time to time. If it happens, just hit SHIFT P. I suspect something may be intercepting the keypresses FS2Crew uses to control the pushback. QNH: FO sets the altimeter as detected by Flightsim itself, not what's in your on-line ATC METAR.

Hello Bryan,in the meantime i did some testing:When I command "Gear up" he recognizes "Gear up" (according to the green bar correctly and nothing else!)then, someone (i guess the flight attendant) says "hello" (nothing else) in the backgroundthen the FO finally moves the Gear lever by himself (maybe 10-20 sec. after my command)it seems the delay on the gear is because of that "hello" (i didnt say anything else in that time!)...everything else works fine from preflight till shutdown...I tried that with a saved panel state "ready for TO" and switched to Takeoff roll, and i tried a complete flight and started at the gate (with preflight option) both time the same result...the latest updates for LevelD and FS2Crew are installedany Ideas?Pushback: can someone confirm that the PBK only doesnt stop when the angel is more than 90°?!Greetings from ViennaStefan

Hello Bryan,in the meantime i did some testing:When I command "Gear up" he recognizes "Gear up" (according to the green bar correctly and nothing else!)then, someone (i guess the flight attendant) says "hello" (nothing else) in the backgroundthen the FO finally moves the Gear lever by himself (maybe 10-20 sec. after my command)it seems the delay on the gear is because of that "hello" (i didnt say anything else in that time!)...everything else works fine from preflight till shutdown...I tried that with a saved panel state "ready for TO" and switched to Takeoff roll, and i tried a complete flight and started at the gate (with preflight option) both time the same result...the latest updates for LevelD and FS2Crew are installedany Ideas?Pushback: can someone confirm that the PBK only doesnt stop when the angel is more than 90°?!Greetings from ViennaStefan
Hi Stefan,You can't set the pushback angle to more than 90? Are you setting it to more than 90 somehow?As for 'hello'... are you pushing the FA contact button while still on the ground? Try not doing that.Cheers,

hi,possible i hit the FA button, i will have a look on that the next flights....you can set the angel to more than 90° easily, till 90 it works both ways via the mouse-wheel and right/left klick, over 90 only the l/r mouse-buttons worki found out early because of the gate i am usually starting from when i fly from my home-airport LOWW, but i didnt put to much thoughts in it...just curious, why should >90° not be possible??Stefan

hi,possible i hit the FA button, i will have a look on that the next flights....you can set the angel to more than 90° easily, till 90 it works both ways via the mouse-wheel and right/left klick, over 90 only the l/r mouse-buttons worki found out early because of the gate i am usually starting from when i fly from my home-airport LOWW, but i didnt put to much thoughts in it...just curious, why should >90° not be possible??Stefan
Hmmm, I'll have to check into that. Leave it at max 90. Don't go above 90.Cheers,