Sign in to follow this  
November_Juliet

MD-11 CTD with tcas2v7dll

HelloToday i was on a flight to PANC, at about 2 miles before Touchdown FSX crashed with tcas2v7.dll, first time see this happen with my MD-11. Can anyone help?Thank youEDIT: The flight was on VATSIM, with some local AI aircrafts, i have set the airline AI to 18%.

I've seen a crash in that DLL exactly once (don't recall which PMDG plane), during approach in a VATSIM flight with fairly heavy traffic (no AI traffic, mind you).The crash has never happened again, after hundreds of flights, even under the same (or heavier) traffic conditions.When that crash happened, I mailed the author of the TCAS DLL directly (it's third party, not written by PMDG) with the crash dump file, etc, etc, but he didn't have much to offer since I didn't have a repro case.If you can get a consistent repro case, please do let me know, and I'll forward that info on to the TCAS DLL author.Thanks.

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

For me it was solved by removing UIAutomationCore.dllYou may read more about the subject here and here, while you can find the instructions on how to remove it here.M.
It was a pain in the butt, but I finally got the two UIAutomationCore.dll files deleted from both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders. The instructions at the link didn't work because cacls and /G are not valid commands (icacls and /grant are) and I had to grant Administrators and Users (not my user name) access to the files. For the UIAutomationCore.dll file in System32, I had to resort to running CMD, then closing Windows Explorer, and finally deleting the file from System32 using a "del" command prompt. I left the Vista version of the UIAutomationCore.dll file in my FSX root directory, and after playing accessing as many menus as I could, I did not experience a crash. Next, I will make a flight tonight in the PMDG 747 and see if I get the CTD with the TCAS2v7.dll error.

I did a short KPHX-KLAX flight in the PMDG 747 without issue. This was the exact same flight I did earlier today where I got the TCAS2v7.dll crash.

I know the topic has been here since 8 months ago but seems this will add more unanswered CTD threads.I had the same issue few times. The last one was on short final EDDF Mega Airport (was flying with Dougas 11), 1200ft and crash. I checked the version which is 1.1.6, and it should be okay. Thats not the cause. In my case, the culprit is when I was on final then there was this AI aircraft in front of me, It was a 4 hour flight and I was not in the mood to Go around, circling whatsoever, I decided zapping the traffic percentage to 0% (previously 100% - WOAI traffic). Seconds after I did that, it crashed. It doesnt always crash when I zap the traffic off, but I only had the TCAS.DLL crash when I messed around with the slide.