Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

Aeroworx KingAir Hot Start

Can't firgure out what's wrong with my King Air. No matter what I do all of a sudden when starting the engines they Hot Start. Turn on Ign, Wait till 11%, Move condition lever to Low Idle and ITT Gauges still max out. Any Ideas ?

did you repair them with the config manager?also befor even doing anything even if you are using a throttle on a joystick place them to idle AND. also hit the key command on the keyboard to idle them, ithink its something like ctrl F1. or. ctrl shift F1. that worked for me

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

make sure your fuel pumps are on prior to starting, then allow NH% to get to around 13-15% prior to moving the condition lever to low idle, also leave the generator of the respective engine off while starting, and ensure the propeller isn't feathered/props full forward (in real life you can start the pt6's with the props feathered but FS doesn't simulate this very well)

I don't know whats wrong with it. I've started this plane at least 50 times with no problem. I even tried reinstall. Condition Levers are all the way down, Waiat till N1 hit's 11% (per manual) condition lever to low idle. ITT Pegs out. Shame, really liked this plane.

Somewhere in the King Air forum this topic is discussed. Perhaps you should drop by.Do you use a throttle quadrant for the condition levers?

Somewhere in the King Air forum this topic is discussed. Perhaps you should drop by.Do you use a throttle quadrant for the condition levers?
I will go by and look. Thanks. No just using a Logitech Gamepad. Controll Condition levers with the mouse.

ok but make sure you use ctr+shift+F1 even though you are using the mouse.when you start the aeroworx, BEFORE touching anything PRESS ctrl+shift+F1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

ok but make sure you use ctr+shift+F1 even though you are using the mouse.when you start the aeroworx, BEFORE touching anything PRESS ctrl+shift+F1
What's reall odd, and read on the King Air form that others have had this happen, Is when I selected the analoge B200, No Problems. Go to the Efis B200, same procedure and ITT Gauges Max out. Strange.

thats is weird, did you try what isugested

thats is weird, did you try what isugested
Yes I did, no Help. And it gets even stranger. I went into Aeroworx Options and turned off Hot Starts. Started up and ITT Gauge still maxed out. What the heck. This plane worked fine for months. Havn't flown it in a while because have been busy with IFly 737. Could something have changed maybe in FSUIPC. Can't think of anything else.

Don't forget to repair your engines when you encountered a hotstart. Otherwise they remain spoiled. If nothing else helps download the hotstart fix. That should cure the issue. But it is difficult to revert to the original setting.

Don't forget to repair your engines when you encountered a hotstart. Otherwise they remain spoiled. If nothing else helps download the hotstart fix. That should cure the issue. But it is difficult to revert to the original setting.
Yes, I downloaded the Hotstart Fix last night. No big deal, I know I'm starting the engines correctly. Just strange that it happened after all this time. Like I said I even uninstalled and reinstalled the B200 and same thing. Just seems it has to be something else changed in FS since I've flown the B200 last.