Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

ATC enhancements, more realism?

i tweaked my voicepack to remove the 'expedite' climb descent and turn and i self position for final and atc usually hands me over to tower.I also update all the navaids and approaches in my country to the latest notam/airac issued to enhance realism.New features like1. Visibility in meters in atis2. airborne and landing time3. ability to request airfield weather from any airport with a tower4.startup clearance with time,qnh and temperature5.ability to request our own descent and direct routing to flight plan fixesthis could be included in the current atc to enhance the sim a bit more.

I used the default ATC for years ,and have no real gripes with it. However I now fly without it. I choose my flight ,create a plan with FSNav, export it into FS9. I use ASKy for weather and to determine what conditions are at my destination airport. I then select my dept and arr runways depending on wind direction (don't always get that right ,but you can change as you near your destination (either default ATIS or using ASKy own FLIGHTWATCH ). I then fuel up and do all the necessary pre flight business.I use both M1 and M2 options of FSNav (various auto semi auto options) and of i go.I do like the peace and quiet of not having ATC prattling all the time ,and it also reduces the occurrences of sound stutters as well.I try to observe decent flight rules and don't taxi through over or under other aircraft.or land on top off ,through , or under them as well.All is peaceful on my flights, and i can concentrate on the one thing I STILL!! don't always get right the landing.PS I sometimes tune to centres just to hear a bit of chatter ,but that is the the extent of my ATC use (apart from taxi instructions and the enhanced taxi mode at my destination)PS My flying is nearly all passenger aircraft.cheers Andy
Amazing, No mention of a cup of tea !

Amazing, No mention of a cup of tea !
Aaaah! What a pity. On my VC10 I get a call from the cabin asking if I want anything from the Galley!!!!!!!!!!!!!vololiberista

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.