Sign in to follow this  
Opa

FSX Autothumbnail in Win 7 64 bit ?

Can anyone confirm that the Autothumbnail utility for FSX (autothumbnail2.zip) does work in a Win 7 64 bit setup?I am trying to help another simmer who wishes to use the utility and want to be sure we are not wasting our time if it simply will not run under Win 7.He does have the revised autothumbnail.exe file (for 64 bit setups) available here: http://www.zshare.net/download/691719708cc75b0c/ - but is still getting error messages.I use it in a 32 bit XP setup with no issues. I do not currently have access to a Win 7 64 bit machine so cannot prove it one way or another myself.Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I just downloaded and tried installing that file you linked and it would not install, some error given. However, FYI, I have been able to install 'autothumbnail2' (which I got from simviation) BUT, it does not show under the 'Addons' menu in FSX. The odd thing is I had it working on a previous Win7 64-bit system. So I imagine this is of no help! I would like to figure this problem out though...hmmm, my FSX now is Acceleration, while before it was the Deluxe version with SP1 and 2 installed....?cheers,Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I use the file that was linked to here by some1 on 11/29/09 and it has worked on two diffenent Win7 64b systems.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/252442-autothumbnail/page__p__1672994#entry1672994You need to first install autothumbnail2 per the directions that came with it. After it has been installed you copy the 64b autothumbnail application file from the above link into the autothumbnail folder created from the installation process. You will overwrite the 32b autothumbnail app with the 64b autothumbnail app. Autothumbnail will not show up in the addon menu tab in FSX until you get the 64b app file in the right place.

I use the file that was linked to here by some1 on 11/29/09 and it has worked on two diffenent Win7 64b systems.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/252442-autothumbnail/page__p__1672994#entry1672994You need to first install autothumbnail2 per the directions that came with it. After it has been installed you copy the 64b autothumbnail application file from the above link into the autothumbnail folder created from the installation process. You will overwrite the 32b autothumbnail app with the 64b autothumbnail app. Autothumbnail will not show up in the addon menu tab in FSX until you get the 64b app file in the right place.
Well thanks very much for that, it works now. I've no memory of doing that before! cheers,Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I am also having this problem for the first time, and the 'zshare' download file is no longer valid, does any one have the 64 bit fix for this proggy.