Sign in to follow this  
ron6468

DX10 / Matrox Lighting Issues

Hi - I have a GeForce 480 connected through a Matrox Digital TripleHead2Go connected to 3 - 27" LCD monitors.I am having a problem getting the airport and aircraft lighting to show properly.- In DX9, the lighting is terrible - large, blurry, overbright, etc. I have done all the Halo and cfg fixes as well as altering with UTX and FTX utilities with very little change.- In DX10 all the lighting for aircraft and airports pretty much disappears - no taxi, vasi, runway, etc.I think this could be a combination or maybe one or the other problem based on the very odd resolution needed to run 3 wideview monitors with Matrox (4080 x 768).The other problem might be the GeForce 480 (latest driver) ability to properly display FSX lighting.Then there is the problem of DX10 and it's ability to display lighting.Probably no easy answers but I'm hoping a few others experienced or have ideas on how to resolve this.Thanks,Ron

Ron W

I´ve got an alternative halo.bmp that reduces the nuclear blast effect of lights. I can e-mail it to you, pm me your e-mail address.And I´ll recommend you edit your runway lights in the fsx.cfg.Under [Display] add these lines RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.40RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.30Bjorn

I´ve got an alternative halo.bmp that reduces the nuclear blast effect of lights. I can e-mail it to you, pm me your e-mail address.And I´ll recommend you edit your runway lights in the fsx.cfg.Under [Display] add these lines RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.40RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.30Bjorn
Thanks for the ideas - I did try other Halos and other Scalars but I'm always willing to keep trying.

Ron W