Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Anyone downloaded the new King Shaka (FALE) scenery?

Just wondered if anyone else has downloaded this scenery:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=156756It causes my FS9 to crash if I load a flight during the day - night time flight is OK. (Missing bmps??). I can get to the nearby Pietermaritzburg airport with no problem. Wonder if someone could check - don't want to email the author if it's something in my setup causing this.Martin

Just found that removing the file FALEPHOTO1_VTPH.BGL stops the crash. That file "contains FS2002 terrain data of textured polygon type" (when I decompiled it).M.

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Just found that removing the file FALEPHOTO1_VTPH.BGL stops the crash. That file "contains FS2002 terrain data of textured polygon type" (when I decompiled it).M.
Thanks Martin. I am sure it will help many this post now that it is in the forum. How do you 'decompile'?Daniel

If this doesn't help, also remove:FALEPHOTO1_PHOTO.BGLFaleroads_VTPL.BGLbut with just the one file removed I mentioned, all works fine, as I say, on my system. Emailed the author: he is aware of the problem and investigating.I decompile using BGL2XML.exe and recompile with the FS2004SDK bglComp.exe - both easily found online,Martin

I'll be flying to FALE (in the real world) next month so today I flew the seond leg of my journey - OMDB-FALE using a Posky B777. I haven't had any crashes or lockups at this scenery. I don't have my FS PC fired up at present but will check for those files tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
If this doesn't help, also remove:FALEPHOTO1_PHOTO.BGLFaleroads_VTPL.BGLbut with just the one file removed I mentioned, all works fine, as I say, on my system. Emailed the author: he is aware of the problem and investigating.I decompile using BGL2XML.exe and recompile with the FS2004SDK bglComp.exe - both easily found online,Martin
I haven't download it. Review? I just download the Cape Town scenery (it is pretty good!!!) and I think Jo'burg too, which is a good scenery!!Thanks for the decompile info. I want to start making a few airports and sceneries as FreeZ and KPHL etc are inspirational and you just want to give back in.......Daniel

Guest blueskyhq

Hi fellow pilotsI'm the author of FALE. I appologise for the problem with the photoreal background and as yet I have no answer for the problem. It was compiled with SBuilder for FS2004 so its a mystery why it decompiles as FS2002 scenery. It runs perfectly on my FS2004 day or night. I believe there are also issues with the afcad file with no ILS or VOR. This will be corrected in the updated Version. If there are any pilots in the Pretoria area who can help to beta test V1.1, I will appreciate the help. Please contact me via e-mail gjgeldenhuys@gmail.com If there is anyone who can help with the problem, It will be even more appreciated.Happy LandingsGerrit Geldenhuys

Hi fellow pilotsI'm the author of FALE. I appologise for the problem with the photoreal background and as yet I have no answer for the problem. It was compiled with SBuilder for FS2004 so its a mystery why it decompiles as FS2002 scenery. It runs perfectly on my FS2004 day or night. I believe there are also issues with the afcad file with no ILS or VOR. This will be corrected in the updated Version. If there are any pilots in the Pretoria area who can help to beta test V1.1, I will appreciate the help. Please contact me via e-mail gjgeldenhuys@gmail.com If there is anyone who can help with the problem, It will be even more appreciated.Happy LandingsGerrit Geldenhuys
Gerrit,I downloaded a FS9 scenery package for FALE last month but it's not yours. Here is the link to it. I'm flying to Durban in 2 weeks on holiday so would be interested in comparing yours to the one I installed. I'm happy to test it but I don't have any scenery design skills so I hope you can resolve any problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather