Hi AllI am thinking of buying the OCZ 160gig ssd.Can somebody please advise me how best to use it.Should I have my OS on it and leave fsx on the standard HHD, or should I put fsx on the new ssd and leave everything else alone.Looking foorwards to your comments.Qas

Guest firehawk44
Hi AllI am thinking of buying the OCZ 160gig ssd.Can somebody please advise me how best to use it.Should I have my OS on it and leave fsx on the standard HHD, or should I put fsx on the new ssd and leave everything else alone.Looking foorwards to your comments.Qas
I installed FSX/Acceleration on my SSD and it works great. Any addons, like MegaScenery, I put on another drive and I have not seen any loss of frames with that setup.Best regards,Jim

I installed FSX/Acceleration on my SSD and it works great. Any addons, like MegaScenery, I put on another drive and I have not seen any loss of frames with that setup.Best regards,Jim
I've also installed FSX on the SSD and left the OS on the regular harddrive.Very nice, fast loading, smooth and quiet..

Bert

I also have an OCZ SSD I have both my system & FSX partitions on it no problem.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest 19hawkeye91

John - That's interesting. I've read elsewhere that performance is better when the OS and FSX are on separate physical drives. Maybe it's not as big a deal on heftier systems, or with an SSD? I'm still trying to figure out how to lay everything out on my new build.Scott

John - That's interesting. I've read elsewhere that performance is better when the OS and FSX are on separate physical drives. Maybe it's not as big a deal on heftier systems, or with an SSD? I'm still trying to figure out how to lay everything out on my new build.Scott
Well don't tell my machine it doesn't know that it is supposed to be slower when System and FSX is on the same drive. Actually it is sensible to think that with an SSD the I/O from FSX and the System would have less interference because there is no read/write arm thumping all over a disk plate trying to locating data. As an SSD is really a slow access memory its rather like saying that one mustn't have the system and FSX in memory at the same time.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.