Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

searching and searching

Hi everyone, I have been searching for the voz scenery for fsx that was relased a long long time ago. I know that the package is now payware with FTX and the price is cheap. Did you know the box version is $69.00 but the download is $105.00?? anyway, I was thinking I could still find the free fsx version somewhere. The only thing that I found was VOZ 1.8 for fs9 but I haven't installed it yet because I am afraid it will blow up my computer. I also found all those cheesy file download sites that look illegal but I never touch those. At the least, I really just want better scenery for YSSY because the payware FSX version is a crime with how bad it looks let alone costs. I am hoping for a FTX yssy scenery but that may never happen so until then I thought that this would be a good idea. Has anyone been able to use VOZ 1.8 in fsx or do I just have to live with default? Thanks for reading.

thanks for your help. I did see the FTX/ORBX offerings, but those are payware and they don't have a seperate YSSY scenery. All of Australia is on sale right now but not sure if I want to spend the money when I just really want YSSY. I guess I will wait until they have a seperate FTX YSSY, like YMML that should be spectacular.

thanks for your help. I did see the FTX/ORBX offerings, but those are payware and they don't have a seperate YSSY scenery. All of Australia is on sale right now but not sure if I want to spend the money when I just really want YSSY. I guess I will wait until they have a seperate FTX YSSY, like YMML that should be spectacular.
I am a little confused.VOZ is and was only for FS9. The developers moved on to develop payware scenery for FSX under the name Orbx - FTX full terrain experience. VOZ 1.8 is for FS9 and is freeware and is still available.OZ folks have both FS9 and FSX scenery available for download, their efforts now are mostly scenery and airports for FSX that complement Orbx.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

What I am after is the free VOZ that is available for FSX, but so much time has passed that it is now hard to find it online except for those cheesy torrent or whatever they are called websites. I know that the VOZ is now ORBX/FTX and I also know that they have payware now but I was looking for the free VOZ for FSX because I don't fly Australia that much and although the ORBX?FTX sceneries are very nice, they are also pretty expensive. I am hoping for a ORBX?FTX scenery for YSSY but it may never happen so I thought this was a cheaper solution.

VOZ is for FS9 only, it will not work with FSX.Are you looking for the aussiex freeware? It can be found at www.aussiex.orgIt is run by the same brilliant crew who created VOZ, and has tons of free airfields for FSX. What they do not have though is the ground scenery, that's by ORBX which is payware.CheersNialler

Guest UlfB
Hi everyone, I have been searching for the voz scenery for fsx that was relased a long long time ago. I know that the package is now payware with FTX and the price is cheap. Did you know the box version is $69.00 but the download is $105.00?? anyway, I was thinking I could still find the free fsx version somewhere. The only thing that I found was VOZ 1.8 for fs9 but I haven't installed it yet because I am afraid it will blow up my computer. I also found all those cheesy file download sites that look illegal but I never touch those. At the least, I really just want better scenery for YSSY because the payware FSX version is a crime with how bad it looks let alone costs. I am hoping for a FTX yssy scenery but that may never happen so until then I thought that this would be a good idea. Has anyone been able to use VOZ 1.8 in fsx or do I just have to live with default? Thanks for reading.
I guess this is what your'e searching for http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php :(

And as far as I am aware they havent done YSSY. I believe there was a payware version out, but it wasnt from them. In fact with YSSy iw ould just like to see th eroad under 36l r be turned into a tunnel so they vehicles wond dissapear near th erunway. Otherwise its pretty good.

Yeah, I have seen that version of YSSY. It costs so much and it doesn't look better than default. I have since learned that I am looking for VSX, that is the last release from the VOZ team and it was made for FSX. Does anyone know where I can get this file or have any advice on where I can find it. I would like to get it from a legal source (you know what I mean) that way I can trust it to be safe for the computer. I appreciate all of the help.