Sign in to follow this  
epza

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.33GHz 6 x 256KB L2 Cache 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80613I7980X

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.33GHz 6 x 256KB L2 Cache 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80613I7980X - price = 1.000 dollars Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K0 - price 329.00 dollarsFor many of you this may be a funny question, but what's going onCPU for 1000 dollars in the number of Hertz is lower than that for 329 dollars, and both can be over-clockedIs this the case, whether it makes sense to buy the more expensive for FSXsuppose that I am determined to buy the CPU in order to run FSX in the end and enjoy + be happy ,no stress ,no tweaking :Applause: Happy LandingsJ

If you are asking for advice and your only interest is gaming then get the 2600K.For high performance gaming the 2600K is just as good as the 980X and cost less. Depending on what review you look at and what games they benchmarked the 980X is better in some, the 2600K is better in some, but regardless which one is better there is only a few FPS seperation between the two. For FSX a 2600K is just as good if not better than a 980X.Unless you just want a 980X because you want one then at this point in time you should only get the 980X if you actually have a program application that can make use of all six cores. From what I have read that would be video editing and server applications.

Just wait a little longer. In a few years you will be able to run FSX and all the great payware available with smooth and with high FPS and it will be more affordable.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you are asking for advice and your only interest is gaming then get the 2600K.For high performance gaming the 2600K is just as good as the 980X and cost less. Depending on what review you look at and what games they benchmarked the 980X is better in some, the 2600K is better in some, but regardless which one is better there is only a few FPS seperation between the two. For FSX a 2600K is just as good if not better than a 980X.Unless you just want a 980X because you want one then at this point in time you should only get the 980X if you actually have a program application that can make use of all six cores. From what I have read that would be video editing and server applications.
Hi Idahosurge Thank you very much for your answer. I have no problem to ask for feedback because I realize that there is always someone who knows more than meI was looking for information on the Internet but your reply helps me in making a final decision ,period-it is a fact that FSX will not use all of the parameters of CPU called extremeHappy LandingJ

Just wait a little longer. In a few years you will be able to run FSX and all the great payware available with smooth and with high FPS and it will be more affordable.
you're a joker, but really it may take another 5 years and then I loose my Virtual pilot's license regardless of ageLook what happened five years ago,below People are already suffering exactly five years in order to fly smoothly:)Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:48 pm Post subject: Flight simulator Recommends They have a new site on Microsoft..... Here are their stats for recommended equipment for Flight Simulator XItem Minimum Recommended BestCPU 1.0 GHz Memory 256 MB Video card 32 MB Internet 56.6 modem Broadband BroadbandOther Sound cardSpeakers or headphonesJoystick or Xbox 360 Controller for WindowsMicrophone (required for RT voice)Last edited by psalm10720 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in totalHappy LandingsJ

you're a joker, but really it may take another 5 years and then I loose my Virtual pilot's license regardless of ageLook what happened five years ago,below People are already suffering exactly five years in order to fly smoothly:)Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:48 pm Post subject: Flight simulator Recommends They have a new site on Microsoft..... Here are their stats for recommended equipment for Flight Simulator XItem Minimum Recommended BestCPU 1.0 GHz Memory 256 MB Video card 32 MB Internet 56.6 modem Broadband BroadbandOther Sound cardSpeakers or headphonesJoystick or Xbox 360 Controller for WindowsMicrophone (required for RT voice)Last edited by psalm10720 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in totalHappy LandingsJ
Now that's funny! I hope you didn't believe that when you first read it? LOLAll kidding aside, go with the fastest and best hardware that you can afford. My system is acceptable, but I'm already considering an upgrade.Cheers!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.