Sign in to follow this  
squawkvfr

POSKY 777 VC Gauges problem

It should be in a submenu of "Extended Bitmap". Also uncheck include mipmaps.ConvIm.gifJim

Thanks! I still have yet to test it out, but I have a feeling it'll work swell!BTW, why was POSKY replaced by Free Sky Project? Did it go bankrupt (unlikely considering that it was a freeware company)? POSKY was running fine by the time it was replaced!

It should be in a submenu of "Extended Bitmap". Also uncheck include mipmaps.ConvIm.gifJim

No problem. Im not sure exactly what went on with Posky but I think there was a difference of opinion between some of the members so one group went one way while the others went another. SkySpirit2010 was the other group, they released their new "SkySpirit2010 767-300 v5" last December. FreeSkyProject got the webmaster obviously, SkySpirit2010 had some kind of a page on facebook, but I can't even find that now. I'm sure it's out there though, I'm "facebook illiterate" with no desire to become otherwise :) .Jim

The gauges from the 777 you recommended are the same XML gauges that I installed from the POSKY website...:blink:How come those work and the POSKY site gauges don't work?

Hello,I don't understand why you don't use the panel from the plane I posted above ... !!!Work perfectly.308ie6q.jpg2hoiu81.jpgRegards.bye.gifGus.

Guest belga1

Hello,About converting textures:I use some bat files ... download here:http://www.4shared.com/file/G9OYBum_/BatchConvert.htmlUnzip in a folder of your choiceWhen converting:Put all the files you want convert in the same folder were are the bat files.Double click on the bat you want use .. and convert process beginDon't delete bat files when you delete the converted textures .. sarcastic.gifFor Freesky projecthttp://www.freeskyproject.comRegards.bye.gifGus.

Imagetool (used by the batch files) does not give satisfactory results for dxt3 aircraft textures in my opinion, DXTBmp and Convim both use the MWgraphics .dlls package for compression which yields a considerably better result.Jim

Guest belga1

Hello,

Imagetool (used by the batch files) does not give satisfactory results for dxt3 aircraft textures in my opinion, DXTBmp and Convim both use the MWgraphics .dlls package for compression which yields a considerably better result.
That's possible .. but never seen (by eyes :) ) or noticed a difference of quality on my FS2004 install (I use DXtbmp and Imagetool)Regards.bye.gifGus.

I've done comparisons, Imagetool sometimes adds a bunch of ugly mint green artifacts, particularly on white aircraft, where with DXTBmp this problem seems to be absent. It's subtle, and some may not even notice, but I think if you do a side by side comparison with screenshots you'll see what I mean. That doesn't mean Imagetool is useless, in fact I use it a lot more than DXTbmp, just not for user aircraft textures.If you like the batch file automation Gus, you should check out using an Imagetool shortcut with the appropriate command line switches rather than the batch files. With a shortcut like this on your desktop for example, you can convert any number of .bmps all at once simply by selecting them and dragging/dropping them onto the desktop shortcut. No need to move files to a temp folder or place copies of batch files or imagetool into the working folder. The converted files simply overwrite the existing ones providing they were .bmps to begin with. You can also drag/drop your .psd master files onto the shortcut and it will produce a corresponding set of .bmps using the same filenames which you can drop right into your texture folder and use.Here's an example of one of the shortcuts I speak of. This one will convert to DXT3 without mips, but you can duplicate it and edit the command line switches to produce anything Imagetool is capable of (including DXT5s for FSX providing you have the FSX version of Imagetool). The shortcut assumes you have a copy of Imagetool in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK", if you don't have Imagetool in that location you'll need to edit the target field of the shortcut to point to the appropriate path where you have Imagetool installed. Simply double clicking the shortcut yields the Imagetool help file and list of available switches.Try it, it's fun :( :http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/downloads/imagetool_shortcut.zipJim

Guest belga1

Hello,

Here's an example of one of the shortcuts I speak of
Thank'sRegards.bye.gifGus.